Fight(ish)

Aether's POV

I lunge towards Childe with my sword in hand.

'Though charging in may be a bad decision I must save Y/N and get an explanation for what is happening.' I think to myself as I slashed towards the ginger.

Childe snickered.

"Wow traveler I didn't even start this fight this time. You seem angry, I wonder why you care. If it's information you want shall I tell you?" He said in a snarky tone.

I sneer as Childe begins trying to push me back.

"You will probably not be honest and do whatever you could to stop me from getting Y/N." I say glaring at him.

Childe raises his eyebrows as he puts down his polearm and grabs out his bow.

"Oh? And Y/N hasn't lied to you? Didn't they tell you that they're from Fontaine? I can promise you that they aren't. They're from Snezhnaya and they were a harbinger, to be more specific they were Pulcinella." Childe says in a snarky tone.

'He's not wrong but I can't listen to every word he says because he could just be making things up.' I think to myself.

'Plus Y/N doesn't even get a chance to defend themselves so I need to give them a chance because they may have had a reason.'

I looked around as I saw Xiao slashing through the other fatui members.

"Childe just give up. We'll soon be done with all of you and we'll leave with Y/N so just retreat now and you won't suffer the consequences." I say as I glare at him.

Childe shakes his head.

"Tsk tsk tsk, well that must be very fun for you. Though I must decline. I do have to take them back, dead or alive." He says with a grave expression on his face.

I look at him with shock.

"Just kidding I'm taking them back alive." Childe said with a smile on his face.

I grit my teeth as I dive at him with sword in hand and dig it into his shoulder blade.

"Xiao grab Y/N and run, I'll defeat these guys." I yell back at Xiao as he nodded and ran in for Y/N as the others tried to surround them.

Xiao began fighting anyone in his way as he got through grabbed Y/N soon after disappearing completely.

Xiao seemed to have quickly escaped with Y/N. I smiled as the plan seemed to have come together.

As I still had my sword in Childe's shoulder I kicked him in the face as I pulled the sword out.

"Childe that's only a warning, leave or you and your diplomats are dead." I said looking down on him.

"You would like to see your siblings again right?" I said in a threatening tone.

Childe began to laugh before glaring at me.

"You're joking." He said in a serious tone before sighing as I stood my ground.

"I mean it's not like they're still hear. We retreat, everyone let's leave and regroup later for planning." Childe said as he ran off.

"Farewell traveller I shall see you some other day." He said.

I sighed and stretched.

Paimon seemed to stare at me, she normally would talk non-stop but went silent for once.

"Paimon let's go find them." I said.

Paimon shook her head.

"Aether why would we help them? They did lie to us and  we could of died! We need to stop being so reckless!!" Paimon seemed to yell as she was worried.

"Paimon I get that you're worried but it's Childe, we have fought him many times and have won. Plus we help people who are in need, especially if it's as bad as this. I know helping people can get tiring but we already knew Childe wasn't the best person." I say to Paimon.

I sigh as I look towards her.

"Okay look at everything that's happening. This is incredibly suspicious and we can get more information about the fatui if anything." I say as Paimon looks around.

"Okay fine but if Paimon gets anymore suspicious Paimon will leave with or without you." She said in a serious like tone.

I laughed as this is one of the only times I get to hear Paimon being somewhat serious about something.

"Okay Paimon well let's go." I say.

A/N:
Hi everyone, sorry if the fight was bad I've never written a fight scene like this. It's more been like more aggressive combat so I had to tone it down since yk Childe is still meant to somewhat like the Traveler. But next chapter is gonna be more about meeting Xiao so let's have fun with that. I hope you did enjoy this chapter though I was procrastinating on how to write the scene. Remember to eat and drink something today and stay safe everyone ^^

Byeeeeee