× attraction at first sight

<at·trac·tion>
×> a quality or feature that evokes interest, liking, or desire.

<×>

"Okay," Dream collapsed onto Sapnap's newly made bed and let out a large exhale. "I think that's enough unpacking for tonight."

Sapnap frowned and held up the box he was holding, which was clearly labelled 'saps books'. "What about my books?"

Dream made a dismissive gesture with his hand, "Tomorrow, man. I'm gonna break my back if I lift anything more."

"'Kay," Sapnap set the box down and sat next to his blond friend on his bed. The ravenette looked around his new dorm room still trying to wrap his mind around the new space. Sapnap wasn't afraid of change, no, just... the emptiness of the other side of the room intimidated him.

"It's gonna be so strange to have a roommate who's not you." Sapnap said, nudging Dream, who nodded in agreement. "Last year went way too quick. I don't really wanna have to make a new friend."

"Oh no, Sapnap's on his antisocial arc!" Dream joked, earning a prompt shove from his friend, "It'll be fine. You were at orientation, you've probably met most of the people in this dorm building already, whether you realize it or not."

"Yeah, I guess."

"And if you do end up pussying outta the social interaction, my room is right down the hall."

Sapnap sighed, rolling his eyes. "Thanks, Dream."

The blond gave Sapnap a bright grin, then sat up and patted his shoulder. "I should probably go back to my room and help Quackity organize his binder. If I stay here any longer he's gonna think you're my favourite."

Sapnap pouted jokingly at Dream as he stood, "But I am your favourite."

"Well of course." Dream said, "But Quackity doesn't know that."

Sap laughed, waving goodbye to his friend.

The ravenette settled onto his new bed and retrieved a lighter from his bedside table drawer. He began fidgeting with the button, being careful not to strike the flint wheel. He sat there and listened to the clicking of the lighter and Dream shuffling around boxes in the entryway.

Then he heard the door open.

And he heard someone who was not Dream say hi.

"Dream! Hey!" The new person said. "Are you my roommate then?"

"Hey man!" Dream exclaimed, and Sapnap could hear the smile in his voice, "Nah, I'm down the hall..."

Sapnap heard Dream and the stranger walking around the corner of the entryway and froze, blanket over his legs and lighter in hand.

"This is your roommate, my friend Sapnap!" Dream gave Sapnap a thumbs up, "Did you two meet at orientation?"

"No, I don't think s..." The stranger turned to smile at Sapnap, then noticed the lighter in his hand. "That a lighter?"

"Er-" Sapnap quickly pocketed the lighter and scrambled up, offering his roommate a hand to shake. "Yeah. Sorry. It's a fidget."

"No worries." The stranger smiled again, taking Sapnap's hand and shaking it. "I'm Punz."

"Sapnap." Sap replied, before realizing Punz already knew that.

As casually as he could, Sapnap looked his new roommate up and down. Borderline checking him out? Yes. Well, Sapnap didn't really care.

Punz had wavy blond hair and sharp blue eyes and was maybe two or three inches taller than Sapnap. He had nice red converse and was sporting a pure white hoodie. Sapnap exerted all of his confidence and locked eyes with Punz, then said;

"You're pretty attractive."

Punz's eyebrows shot up, his lips pulled up into a grin, "Well, thanks for taking the time to notice..! I'd say you're pretty hot yourself."

Sapnap patted his pocket. "It comes with the lighter."

Punz laughed, and placed his duffle bag down. He patted Sapnap on the shoulder, "You're funny too. I think we'll get along."

The blond brushed past Sapnap to unpack his things and Dream一 who had just been leaning against the wall the whole time 一gave the ravenette a look.

Sapnap rolled his eyes and flipped Dream off.

"Well, I'm gonna actually go and help Big Q now..." Dream said, shrugging and pushing himself off the wall, "You two play nice."

Dream dissapeard through the dormitory door, leaving Sapnap alone with Mr. Hot Guy and his lighter.

And then it really hit Sapnap.

He turned around to steal a glance at his new roommate. He looked Punz up and down as the blond folded his clothing neatly and sorted it out on his bed.

Sapnap hadn't been lying. Punz was pretty attractive.

But why did Sapnap have to say it aloud?

<×>