Chapter 1: Target Acquired

_.-

For Jasmine,
Always stay happy, and smile.

-DS

_.-

2016
Location: Venice, Italy

    Harlan could feel the sweat trickle down his face. Harlan wipes the sweat off his face and continues walking. Harlan walks from one rooftop, to another, a sniper rifle on his hand.

    Harlan silently counts the buildings. Eleven, twelve, thirteen...

    Harlan could hear the boat engines. The people walking, talking, eating, flirting. Harlan did his best to block them out, but how could you?

    Twenty, twenty one, twenty two, twenty three.

    Harlan stops. Harlan fixes his sniper rifle. He loads it with ammo and lowers down. Harlan aims the sniper at a window across him.

    Harlan watches as four men enter the room. Harlan adjusts his sniper rifle, ready to shoot, when he watches one man hands a man with a bodyguard a suitcase. The man opens it, leaving Harlan wondering what is in it.

    Money? Drugs? Bomb?

    Harlan thinks about what to do. He was sent to assassinate the man with the suitcase, but he did't expect this much people. And he wanted to know what was in the case.

    As Harlan considers his options, a flare of light hits one man in the eye. He looks at the window and sees the T.H.E.P.A. Agent outside. Harlan realizes that he has been made.

    Harlan shoots one of the men and watches as the man with the briefcase and two more men leave the building. Harlan leaves the sniper and runs down the building.

    Harlan finds himself in the middle of the busy street. Harlan notices the man with the suitcase running so Harlan chases him. Harlan chases him through the narrow streets of Venice.

    Harlan chases him to the ports of Venice. The other man gets his gun and starts shooting at Harlan. Harlan takes cover while the man with the briefcase and his bodyguard get in a speedboat and drive off. The other man is about to get on his speedboat when Harlan throws him off the boat. Harlan starts driving after the man with the suitcase.

    Harlan chases the man through the narrow canals of Venice Italy. The man looks back and sees Harlan chasing him. He speeds up.

    Harlan speeds up trying to catch up with the man but the man brings out a gun and starts shooting. Harlan ducks and continues speeding up, catching up with the man. Harlan then jumps to the man's boat. A fight ensues with Harlan and the bodyguard. Harlan punches and throws the bodyguard off the boat. The man with the suitcase then takes out a gun but Harlan punches it away. He tries hitting Harlan with the suitcase but Harlan catches the suitcase, slams it to his face, then kicks the man off the boat.

    Harlan looks back, then slows the boat down. He opens the suitcase, not knowing what to expect, to find a picture of a man. Harlan looks at the picture, with a sense of familiarity. Harlan put the picture back in the suitcase, shuts it close and drives off.