Chapter 12: Brandle and Olsen

Location: The Diamond Hotel, Las Vegas ; 2016

The agents drag Harlan and Jas into the elevator. They go from the fourth floor to the lobby. The agents then lead Harlan and Jas to a door. Harlan and Jas are led away from the luxurious hotel. The SERPENT agents lead them down to the dirty sewers.

They reach a cell where Harlan and Jas are pushed in and locked in. Harlan looks around, looking for a way to escape, but Jas sits in defeat.

Jasmine: We're both gonna die here.

Jas sighs.

Harlan goes to Jas to comfort her but she pushes him away.

Jasmine: Stay away from me.

Harlan: Jas I-

Jasmine: Save it. We're gonna die here anyways.

Jas takes a breath. Harlan stands up.

Jasmine: Why did you come for me?

Harlan turns and looks at her.

Harlan: Sorry?

Jasmine: Why did you come for me?

Harlan: I had to protect you.

Jasmine: Bullshit.

Harlan: YOU KNOW WELL IT ISN'T. SERPENT WANTED YOU. IF THEY HAVE GOTTEN YOU EARLIER, IMAGINE HOW MUCH DAMAGE THEY COULD HAVE DONE.

Jasmine: OH TOTAL BULL!

Harlan: Tell me how trying to save a life is bullshit.

Jasmine: DID IT CROSS YOUR MIND THAT MAYBE YOU LED THEM TO ME? DID IT EVER CROSS YOUR MIND?

Harlan is frozen.

Jasmine: THINK ABOUT IT. THEY DIDN'T FIND ME UNTIL YOU CAME TO ME. THEY PUT A SPY ON THE PLANE, AND THEY FOUND US IN THE DESERT. IT'S LIKE YOUR A MAGNET FOR BAD THINGS!

Jasmine slams her fist to the wall.

Jasmine: Just so you know Harlan, I was doing fine WITHOUT YOU. BOTH TIMES! You came and played with me-

Harlan: Hey I did not-

Jasmine: SHUT IT! YOU PLAYED WITH ME ONLY FOR ME TO FIND OUT IT WAS ALL A LIE! THEN YOU COME BACK FIVE YEARS LATER AND NOW WE'RE GONNA DIE!

Jasmine walks to Harlan and grabs him by the collar.

Jasmine: My life was fine till you came along, ASSHOLE!

Harlan pushes Jas away. Jas sits down again, then cries. Harlan sits next to her, puts his arms over her, but this time she doesn't fight him off.

Harlan stays beside Jas as she cries. Jas looks at Harlan, and sees that the man is feeling sadness, remorse, and guilt.

Harlan: I'm sorry Jas. For everything.

Jas nods.

Jasmine: I really did Harlan. I really did. I loved you.

Harlan: I know.

Jas takes a breath.

Harlan: I know. I know.

Harlan strokes Jas' head, as a tear falls off his face. Jas cries and Harlan holds her hand to comfort her.

Jasmine: I just wished we had more time.