Prologue

He didn’t understand this feeling…

Had he…

Fallen in…

...Love?

When? How?

Was he even capable of such an emotion anymore?

But he knew, somehow, that he had fallen for The King of Knights. That cross dresser of a woman, with tough green eyes and a determined look on that small fragile face of hers. He had fallen, when she had spoken so passionately of her ideals, that young fragile girl- forced to become a king to serve her country. But her words, oh, her passionate words- coming from a  naive little girl, peeked at his interest.

And time after time he saw her, when she had battled against that monstrous beast that Caster had made; when he had seen call upon the name of her sword. Excalibur.

When she stood before the grail, ready to strike at him to get him out of her way.

But when she died, in the 4th war.

He waited for her…

And of course, she came to the 5th, still so determined to have her wish granted, to save her country- her people.

That fragile little girl, living an oh-so naive dream, lashing out with her feisty tongue, determined- willing to sacrifice every last ounce of what was left of herself to save her country.

That woman- was absolutely messed up.

And yet…

He had fallen for her...

He touched her face, his eyes lowering as the beautiful sword pierced through his stomach.

He stared at her beauty with his ruby red eyes, with his eyelids lowered and his lips crawled up in a small smile.

My most treasured possession…

Those three words were just at the tip of his tongue...and yet...he could not bring himself to say it…

Instead, he went for a more cryptic adversary…

“When you obtain the unobtainable...it becomes a thousand times more beautiful.” He smiled, brushing his finger on her cheek.

And with that, he disappeared, and faded into the golden dust he was.