Chapter I.

She gave him a quick and humble bow before looking back into his piercing red eyes.

This man was intimidating, he had that aura of making the other feel like a rat.

But she wasn't about to show any weakness to her supposed fiance.

"You are Gilgamesh, I presume. I am Cara Ackerman."

Gilgamesh rose a golden eyebrow, "Cara...I see..."

This woman in brown high boots, leggings, a brown v-neck top and a half sized leather jacket.

Her teal green eyes almost as piercing as Gilgamesh's ruby ones.

"That's right, this is my daughter. You two will be flying out of Japan and heading to New York. It will be a good chance for the both of you to get to know each other." Her father said with a zealous look in his eyes.

Cara didn't miss the little smirk playing at The King of Hero's lips.

--Airplane--

It was a large private plane, paid for by Cara's father.

The young woman was on the phone talking about business plans, sitting next to her fiancee.

Then she put down the phone and sighed and looked at the blonde, who was looking the other way.

"So." His piercing ruby eyes met hers.

Man, this guy's creepy. She thought.

"Your name. Gilgamesh, right?"

He nodded once, "yes. It was given to me by my mother. A great name for the world to remember forever." He smirked arrogantly.

Her lips quirked.

And arrogant too.

She only nodded openly, "Gilgamesh...from what I remember during my Social Studies class. Gilgamesh was a great king."

The tall man raised a (perfect) blonde eyebrow, "ho? You seem to know you history."

She looked out the window to see the thick white clouds hovering below the wing and the orange red sky, "yes. He was a wise and true king, the king of Uruk. He had many names, but the most common name used for him was The King of Heroes." She turned her head to look back at him with her steel hard eyes.

Gilgamesh raised the other eyebrow and sipped his expensive wine, and savored it. "Tell me, what made you tell me this?"

Cara shrugged, "oh nothing. But it seems...that I have imagined this king more than once...and you, seem to carry the same aura as him."

Gilgamesh couldn't stifle the chuckle. Oh if only she knew. He laughed.

Cara frowned but seemed unfazed. But on the inside she knew that she didn't like this man's attitude.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

Gilgamesh shook his head and sipped again, "oh nothing..." he muttered. "You know, Mongrel. You don't seem half bad...for a woman." He mused.

The brunette quirked her eyebrow, "Mongrel? I told you my name."

Gilgamesh nodded, "and so? I may call you what I please. Woman."

"Do you look down on me because I am a woman?"

The mighty King of Heroes smirked, "maybe I am."

Teal green eyes narrowed, and stared right into ruby reds. The young woman could feel her fists clenching.

But as she stared into inhuman cat-like eyes...she unclenched her fists and her eyes softened (hardly) and she let the stupid issue go.

She looked out the window. It was getting darker by the minute. "You are an unusual man." She muttered, without looking at him.

Gilgamesh cocked his head slightly, swirling his wine in his hand, "oh? Well of course."

Cara nodded slightly, "yes." She looked at the man, "I can't name anyone with red eyes like yours, and your hair is really spiky and your aura is like that of-"

"A king." Gilgamesh seemed unamused at this. "No need to speak of the obvious, Mongrel." He smirked, "all that is needed of you is to tell me straight to my face that I am the best looking man that you have ever seen or will ever see."

She furrowed her eyebrows and her head jolted back to the window, "do not speak of such none sense! I was simply making an observation!" Her eye quirked and Gilgamesh gave a satisfied smile in the reflection of the dark window.

She looked straight ahead and straightened her back, "besides. This so-called marriage has nothing to do with feelings! This is simply a partnership that my father had made."

Now Gilgamesh had an ever so satisfied smirk, "but you little Mongrel...I never even spoke of anything of marriage. Nor have I started that sort of conversation. Why do you bring it up?" Gilgamesh said smoothly.

Cara squeezed her thighs feeling caught off guard. Then she sighed and reverted back to her usual determined looking self and turned to the King of Uruk. "I was simply making a statement." She said, emotionless.

Gilgamesh frowned, "you are boring me." He sipped his wine and looked straight forward. "What good is a toy if it cannot offer me entertainment?"

The woman frowned, "I am not a toy."

He chuckled bitterly, "this world is mine, and everything on it is mine as well for my pleasure. You mongrels are toys that are made to be played with, by me."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you have immediately fallen in love with me." He smirked.

His eyes resembled that of a hungry cat playing with his food.

"I would never fall for a man such as you." She muttered.

"We'll see."

She frowned holding in a breath, then sighing and letting go of the breath, she turned away from the blonde and mumbled, "I wouldn't be surprised if you were the incarnation of the past king himself."

Gilgamesh smirked at his wine glass and swirling the burgundy red water slightly.

Oh, If only she knew.