Chapter II.

Gilgamesh jolted out of his restless slumber, breathless with his usually calm and arrogant ruby red eyes sparking with...what is it? Fear? No, the King of Heroes never showed fear. But he immediately calmed himself down and looked around from his king sized bed at the pale blue and white room, the room was bare with a large bathroom and a closet that was next to the balcony.

The man pulled on a shirt on his bare chest and stood up from his bed. 

Another nightmare...one that would never leave his lips.

He noticed the next room across from his was empty with the door cracked wide open. The man raised an eyebrow ad walked down the two steps separating the bed rooms from the living room area. He passed the couches along with the flat screen TV and walked into the kitchen following the noise where the pouring of milk came from.

The young woman was already seated at the table, eating her favorite cereal. Without looking up she said, "if you want food, you gotta make it for yourself. You may act like a king but no one's going to pamper you here." Gilgamesh smirked and sat down, simply eating some bread.

"So how's the flat?" She asked bluntly, not really paying attention to the man.

Gilgamesh looked around, "hmmm. Not at all fit for a king." He hummed boredly.

"Well...it's not some kind of castle if that's what you wanted. It's just a flat." She muttered.

The golden man noticed that she was already dressed in some sort of attire to get ready for work, "where are you going?"

She looked up, "hm?" And once she raised her brown eyes, she immediately noticed his muscular figure under his thin white shirt and his usually spiky golden hair was now down and almost touching his eyes. She almost couldn't contain the blush that threatened to spread on her cheeks.  "Oh. Uhm...ahem. I am going to work." She took a sip from her water.

Gilgamesh smirked, noticing the way her cheeks turned slightly pinkish. "Work?" He leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest, the muscles on his arms stretching slightly.

"Mhm." She nodded, finishing all the water in the tall glass and nearly slamming it down on the table. "I am a manager at a restaurant my father owns here in the city."

"Hm..."

"Why do you not work?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I do not see the need to." He said, quite nonchalantly."I do not understand why you must work, you're family is quite wealthy."

She shrugged, "yeah but. I do not want to rely on my father all my life." She paused then, "what about you? Do you rely on your parents for wealth...or..."

"Hmph." The man huffed, "I do not rely on anyone for fame or fortune!"

"So then, how did you receive all your wealth?"

"Surely you researched my background before you even met me." He stated, and the woman looked down and blushed sightly, "maybe just a little bit..." but then she looked up again, "butI did not find anything about your parents."

"My father owned the company at first, but he quickly passed and so it passed down to me."

"Your mother?"

Gilgamesh looked away trying to figure out how to explain that his mother is a goddess named Ninsun and not give it all away. "I see her sometimes." He said simply.

"Oh." Cara leaned back, "well. As you can see my father is still alive and well, he still holds the company. And my mother passed away years ago." She stated bluntly.

"Hm. Now tell me Mongrel, is this 'flat' the best you could afford?" He said, changing teh topic.

"I see no use in buying a mansion if I am the only one to live here, unlike you."

"You do not even own a servant."

"I don't need a servant."

"Nonesense. If you can afford one then I do not see why you shouldn't own one."

She rolled her eyes, "I don't see why I should  waste my money on things I don't need." She stood up and put her bowl in the sink. "Anyways, I have to get to work. Do whatever you please, o king of heroes." She grinned mockingly as she was about to walk out of the kitchen. "Oh and Gil, you look better with your hair down." She stated and walked out with her keys and phone as her heels clicked on the floor.

"Gil?" He muttered at nobody.

'Maybe this could be slightly interesting...'