Chapter 8: Angel Names, Her Saving Grace and Blood typing.

"What is that smelly, half-dead Roach planning this time?" Rhea muttered, on her way to her locker. She opened it with unnecessary force, stuffed her books and slammed it shut.

She had been in a foul mood since Edward had asked her if she would need any lift to Seattle. She wasn't even planning on going to Seattle. She only said Seattle to get the mundane boys off her back. She was planning on giving her "brother-in-law" a visit.

She took her schedule out and examined it. Closing the door of the locker, she walked away to the first class.

After her classes were over, she kept her books in the locker and checked her reflection in the mirror. She sighed out of relief when she saw that none of her runes were seen.

She suddenly felt tingly all over. The feeling of someone near her and staring at her was strong but there was another strange feeling along with it. It was like suddenly all her runes wanted to surface on her skin.

She closed the locker and turned around to see a boy with his hand in mid-air, as if he was about to pat her. He was wearing a full-sleeved, turtle neck, black sweater and grey pants.

"Oh hi. I was just about to call you." The boy said. "I'm Zedeki, by the way. But call me Zed."

"Oh okay." She said hesitantly. She refused to trust any human being with the name of an angel.

"So I won't beat around the bush. I just wanted to ask if you don't have any date and that if you'd ask me to the Spring Dance?"

She was right in not trusting the boy.

"Oh, me? I'm very sorry. But I have something planned that day already." Rhea said with an apologetic smile.

"What is it? Where are you going?" Zed persisted. Rhea wanted to scoff and roll her eyes at the boy's behaviour.

"I'm going to Seattle that day. So, I won't be going for the Dance at all." She said with another forced smile.

"Oh that's cool. Seattle's a good enough place." Zed shrugged. "I'll take you to Seattle."

"What did you just say?" Rhea's smile dropped.

"Let's go together. I'll drive you there. See. You want to go to Seattle and I wanna be with you. So problem solved." He explained.

She stared at him. She wanted to tear him apart. She wanted to chew him alive. She wanted to chew herself alive. She had zero idea on what she was supposed to do in a situation like this.

"No."

"What do you mean by no?"

"By no I mean no. I mean that I'm not going with you to Seattle."

"You can't say that! Bella is nice. Not straightforward." Isabelle yelled in Rhea's mind.

"How am I supposed to decline him nicely?" Rhea asked.

"This is when our vampire bestie comes in use." Said Isabelle wisely.

Zed was just staring at her, as she had her internal chat with Izzy, in shock. Suddenly, the floor became the most interesting thing in the corridor for Rhea. She cleared her throat.

When nothing came to her mind, to help break the silence, she cleared her throat again. This time the boy stopped staring at her. Rhea was not the only one who found the floor intriguing.

"Umm..." Rhea began but was soon cut off.

"That's fine. You don't need to explain yourself. I.. uhh.. I totally understand." Zed rushed out.