Chapter 9: Bunking, Courting Humans and Knowing Her.

"She fainted in Biology," Edward explained to the receptionist at the front office. He wasn't too sure about his explanation but went along with what Rhea had told him.

"Oh dear! Is she alright?" The nurse asked as Edward entered her office with a 'sick' Rhea in his arms. He moved towards one of the beds and put her gently on it.

"I'll go get you some ice for your forehead, dear," she said to me, and then
bustled out of the room.

"You were right." Rhea said, catching Edward off-guard.

"I usually am - but about what in particular this time?" He said trying to keep a human expression on.

"Ditching, really is very healthy." Rhea said, sounding regretful. Edward hoped that the reason of her regrets was, not ditching Bio with him. But little did he know.

"Mind explaining the confession because right now I'm quite clueless of what brought this on." He asked, his hopes high and soaring towards the outer space.

"I . . . . get sick . . . at the sight of blood." Rhea said.

*Crash*

That was the sound of Edward's hopes falling and breaking into a trillion pieces. That's okay, he thought to himself, it's just the starter pack of a tragical unrequited love.

"Oh . . . I hope you're feeling much better now then." He said, hung over the fact that his hopes were crushed by a highly sensitive mundane.

"Yeah . . ." said Rhea, hung over the fact that she couldn't catch her vacation-ruiners.

There was silence then.

"Mike was a handful, though. He wouldn't let me go with you." Rhea said.

"Yeah. He was shooting lasers at me with his eyes." Edward said with a wry smile.

"Poor Mike. I'll bet he's mad." Rhea speaking those words, worsened Edward's mood. Jealousy and Rage burned like fire through his veins. But he caught himself in time.

"He absolutely loathes me," Edward said, rather gleeful at the thought.

"He does." Rhea agreed. Their eyes met for a second, after which the both of them chuckled. In that moment, Edward felt like he was in Utopia.

Her laugh was beautiful, enchanting and heartbreaking. Heartbreaking because he knew that he wouldn't ever be the cause of that laugh.

"Here you go, dear." The nurse said as she entered the office and placed a pack of ice on Rhea's forehead.

"I think I'm fine." She said, sitting up. Just then Ms. Cope entered the office and announced that there was another patient.

Rhea handed the compress back to the nurse. "Here, I don't need this anymore."

Lee Stephens, one of Edward's classmate from Biology, was brought in supported by Mike. Edward would've chuckled at the scene if he hadn't caught the smell of fresh blood.

"Oh no," He muttered. "Go out to the office, Rhea."

Rhea didn't waste a second and darted out of the infirmary before the door could close. Shortly after, Edward went out to the office too. He looked at Rhea with an indescribable expression.

"You actually listened to me." He said in disbelief.

"I saw his hand. It was bleeding." She replied. Even he, a vampire, didn't notice the hand. Then how did she, a mundane, notice it?

"Oh." He chose not to question further.

Mike then came through the door, his eyes jumping from Edward to Rhea and back.