0.4

CHAPTER 4.

CABIN ELEVEN

YOUR POV

I was careful to keep my distance from Chiron, not wanting to get accidentally hit while he was walking me around. The kids that were outside and saw us kept whispering among themselves, looking and pointing at me. In return I glared at them, which seemed to creep them out, since they quickly turned away. But when my back was facing them I could still feel their stares.

Which annoyed me greatly, making a scowl etch its way to my face.

All the campers wore orange shirts that had 'Camp Half Blood' written on them in black. Most of the campers were older than me, a few of them seemed my age or younger.

We walked through the strawberry fields, where campers were picking the berries. Chiron told me about how they grow a nice crop for restaurants and Mount Olympus, "it pays for expenses". I just nodded to what he was saying, not really paying attention.

I was busy looking around, my eyes roaming around the scenery.

Chiron stopped near the woods and I did as well, it looked well kept and unbothered.

"The woods are stocked, if you care to try your luck, but go armed." He spoke, "I think you might have an idea of what they are stocked with."

It took me a few seconds to understand what he was getting at, but then it clicked.

"Monsters," I stated, my gaze lifting to look at Chiron, who seemed, proud?

"Indeed my dear, you'll be able to see them for yourself in tomorrow's capture the flag," he added, "Do you have your own sword and shield?"