What have you done to my Heart?

(Her mother leaves. Billie lays there thru the night. Thinking what had gone wrong between her and David. Well for starters, things were moving way to fast between them. They had to slow things down, but how she wondered? They had kissed and had sex already, and they had only meant twice. What the hell was she thinking, getting involved with an older guy? Sure, he was funny and sweet, and he cared about her.)

(Tears brim in Billie's eyes.)

(Cared? Why had he cared? Sure, he had stopped her from jumping to her death, but he could've left the pizza and said fuck it, not my responsibility...but he hadn't. He had stayed... held her in his arms and listened to her.)

('I shouldn't have kissed him, shouldn't have had sex with him.' Billie thinks. But to her surprise she didn't feel dirty or used or even ashamed. She had felt so wanted and cared for and loved when he held her.)

(Loved. There's that word again. No... no. She didn't love him, did she? She had told her mother she didn't love him. No...no, not possible. They cared deeply for one another, nothing more. David's words echo in her mind.)

"I love you, Billie."

(Why the hell had he said that? They hardly knew one another, but her mother was right. Billie had kissed him; they did have sex together. Even though she knew deep down...she had wanted to kiss him. She had wanted him, to love her. Because...because...)

(Fresh tears stream down her cheeks.)

"Fuck...David. What have you done to my heart?"

(She felt like her heart was breaking, but she knew that wasn't totally true. It felt more like a wall was slowly breaking. A wall that was around her heart, that she didn't even realize was there. David had opened his heart and showed her what his love for her looked like, and it had scared her. Because she had never felt truly loved by anyone outside her family. She remembered his big brown eyes, so full of hurt when she had told him to leave. She hadn't meant to hurt him, but she had.)

(She lays in bed tossing and turning, trying to sleep. Hours later she wakes up screaming. Her night terrors had returned.)
======================================

Meanwhile in Philadelphia.

(David wearily climbs the steps to his apartment. He felt tired after a long flight, and what had happened between him and Billie hours ago. He throws his duffel bag across the room. What the hell was he thinking, getting involved with her? She was a rap artist. He hated rap but loved other music. But if they weren't meant to be together, then why did they meet? Why had the gypsy woman sent him to the hotel? Why did the gypsy woman say Billie needed him? He felt a tension headache coming on. He glances at the wall clock. After 8 p.m. Might as well listen to some music to relax. He grabs a portable cd player from off a table and climbs out the window onto the fire escape. He plugs his headphones in and begins listening. He barely notices someone slide into his lap.)