Pregnant?

(We shake hands.) "Thanks...but I got things to take care of. I doubt I'll be back."

"Well...my offer still stands. If you ever change your mind." (He replies.)

(I leave the bathroom and go heading towards the exit signs.)

(In another part of the hospital, Billie's parents are still comforting her, as her doctor walks in.)

"Billie...I heard what happened. You really need to control your stress levels. It's not good for you. I came to ask you some questions. Have you experienced any nausea or bloating lately? Like in the morning? Are you late with your period?"

"I felt nauseated weeks ago, The day I was raped in fact...and I think I'm late with my period. Why you ask?"

"It seems you're pregnant."

"Pregnant?" (Her father replies.)

"Yes. It turns out that irregular heartbeat we detected was actually two heartbeats. Hers and the baby's."

"A baby?" (Billie's mother says.)

(Billie looks down and places her hand on her belly.)

"I'm pregnant? Oh no

"I'm pregnant? Oh no..." (She whispers.)

('Not only was I raped, but now I'm pregnant with one of those bastards' baby? Oh God no.' Billie thinks. She shudders as she vaguely remembers begging Little Dump to fuck her deep. Did he succeed in getting her pregnant? Or was it one of the others? She feels a hand on her shoulder, she looks up to see her Mom looking at her with deep concern in her eyes. Apparently, she was thinking the same things.)

"We'll get through this together as a family, Billie. You're not alone in this."

"Doctor...is there any way to tell who the father of the baby is?" (Billie's father asks.)

"We can get started on some DNA tests right away. Are you concerned that this may be a result of her ordeal?"

"Are you saying it's not?"

"I'm not sure until more tests are done, but as far as I can tell, your daughter is over 6 weeks pregnant."

"Six weeks? That might mean I was pregnant before I was raped...which means...Oh my God...it might be... David's?" (Billie looks at her parents.) "I need to tell him!"

(Billie's Dad hits a button on his phone and is soon talking to security.)

"He's left the hospital, Billie. They're trying to locate him."

(I'm outside the hospital, sitting on a bench. Waiting for the shuttle too arrive to take me to the airport. Meanwhile, Billie's mother has told Finneas and Claudia about Billie's pregnancy. Claudia is happy at first, then she begins to worry. As she notices Finneas practically strutting around like a peacock.)

"Seriously...you're happy? You're hoping the baby is yours...aren't you?"

"Of course, I'm happy! Aren't you? David will make a good father too Billie's baby. I'm going to be an uncle!"

"Aren't you jumping the gun a bit? They don't know who the father is yet."

"David's the father. He has to be."

"What if he's not? What if you're the baby's father, Finneas?"

"I'm not...and it's not one of the bastards who raped her either. David's the baby's father."

"What the hell you mean...he has to be? How can you be so certain it's his?"

"He won't destroy Billie or her career. He'll do the right thing. He'll claim responsibility. "

"Claim responsibility even if the baby isn't his? Why would he do that?"

"He has too, Claudia. It's the only way to make things right again."

"Are you listening to yourself? You're asking someone else to take responsibility for something that you and Billie did. Do you realize how crazy that sounds?"

"David will agree with me...you'll see. I'm going to go talk to Billie."