Phase Two

The entire cast and crew had the whole day off. They were mid-way through filming, and Christmas was edging slowly closer. Soon enough, they'd all be taking a two week break from filming all together and going back to their families for the holidays. So, before they all left the city, they were having a big meal together to celebrate Christmas. Everyone was a little more excited for it then they'd admit; after all the weeks they had been filming, they'd all become incredibly close.

Everyone was there... except for Jennie. She hadn't shown up.

————

"Kai?" Jennie says, as she enters his room. "You here?"

The bathroom door is slightly ajar and Jennie can hear water running, so she guesses that Kai is in there. She makes her way to the bed and flops onto it with a sigh, taking his pillow in her arms and staring up at the ceiling.

"Look, don't make fun of me," she says, raising her voice a little so that she can be heard from the bathroom. "I know what I said before."

Kai doesn't answer her, so Jennie keeps talking. "I heard RM and Don talking about something, and Jay was with them so it had to be true."

She turns onto her stomach, and curls up small across the bed. "They said that... they said Lisa likes me. Which is crazy, but I've been thinking about it and I think it sort of makes sense. All this time, I thought she hated me when really..."

Her voice trails away as she thinks about what to say next. "They said that they weren't going to tell me because they thought I'd be rude about it, so that's why I'm telling you and not them. Apparently, she's been up all night about me, and I've given her no reason to think I feel the same way."

Then she stops.

And she smiles.

"And I do," she says, pressing her face into the pillow. "I really think I do. She's beautiful and funny and smart and I think I've been really stupid this whole time. I've been so blind. You'd have every right to make fun of me."

At that, she stops and she waits for Kai to say something in return, but he doesn't.

"Kai?" Jennie says, confused.

She slips off the bed and wanders over to the bathroom, only to find it empty, with the tap still running at the sink.

"Great," Jennie says to herself, dryly. "I've been talking to myself."

She's turning the tap off and grumbling to herself about her unruly friend leaving the water on when she hears the knock at the door.

When she opens it, Lisa is standing there, her weight shifted onto one foot and one hand on her hip. Her other foot is tapping impatiently, her bottom lip sticking out.

"Hey face-ache," she says. "Everyone wants you to come down and join us for dinner for some reason."

"Lisa!" Jennie says. "Lisa. Hi. Hi, Lisa. Hey."

Lisa narrows her eyes, raising an eyebrow and inching away from the door. "Ooookay. Well, anyway, that's all I came to say. Everyone's downstairs waiting for you."

"Well, thanks for taking all the trouble to come all the way up here to tell me."

Lisa looks at her like she had just grown another head. "If it had caused me that much trouble, I wouldn't have come up here."

"Oh, so you wanted to see me?" she says.

"Yes," Lisa sarcastically, her eyes widening and her voice slowing down as if speaking to a toddler. "I wanted to be up here with you instead of downstairs, where my friends are and where there is food. Look, come and eat, or don't, I don't care. Bye."