Chapter IV - Counterfeit

Overall, Aizawa Shouta was not having a good day. First of all, he hated school trips and the one thing that got him through the pain was caffeine.

Unfortunately, he did not even get a single sip of his latte before a few of his students sought him out, swiftly persued by an angry mother who threatened to sue Yuuei for the mistreatment of her son.

Then, to make matters worse, another of his students had almost been charged for theft and he had to make a few calls to get that sorted out.

Finally, to top his day off, he heard word that two of his students were fighting in public and apparently trying to kill each other. One of them had a sprained shoulder and the other...well, Aizawa was currently in the middle of trying to figure that one out.

Midoriya and Bakugou were in Yuuei's medical ward with Recovery Girl whilst the remainder of Class 1-A waited in their form room, under their teacher's order.

As it was the weekend, no one else was in the school.

Bakugou had been treated by Recovery Girl and was told to rest for a while to regain his stamina. Midoriya was still unconscious, lying in the hospital bed next to his classmate's. It was unclear why he had fainted but after a checkup, Recovery Girl confirmed that he appeared to be perfectly healthy.

Aizawa quietly opened the door to the medical room and slipped inside, seeing that his two students were still resting. He held a new cup of steaming-hot coffee in his hand as his previous drink had gone cold hours ago. Shuuzenji glanced over her shoulder at him then turned her attention back to her computer screen as she filled out forms.

"How are they doing?" Aizawa asked.

"They're fine, just resting. When Bakugou wakes up, you need to make sure he doesn't use his right arm too much. I've healed most of the damage but it'll still take some time to heal completely."

"I'll try to convince him."

Recovery Girl let out a small sigh. "Why is it always those two."

"Because they're the main characters."

"I can't argue with that."

Without warning, Bakugou shot up in bed, snarling viciously, "Where's that damn nerd!" His head snapped to the side as he spotted Midoriya asleep on the bed. Before he could make a move, Aizawa had wrapped his binding cloth around him.

"Bakugou, don't," Aizawa warned. "Lay off your arm for a while so you don't make it worse."

"But Deku—!"

"I need to speak with him to figure out what's going on but I can hardly do that if he's laying in pieces everywhere. He'll be punished for his actions but we can't be too hasty."

Bakugou grumbled in response, scowling.  He untangled himself from the cloth then looked down at his arm, turning it around as he assessed it. After a moment, he mumbled, "Deku said something to me." He clenched his fist, "He said some crap about being a demon or some shit. Whatever that means. And his eyes were black and glowing red. He looked like a freak." Glancing at Aizawa with a serious expression he seemed almost hesitant, but he continued, "He threatened to kill my parents if I told anyone that." He shook his head, pointing sharply at the sleeping boy, "Whatever that is, that's not Deku!"

Aizawa's brows furrowed and he pinched his chin, worry settling in. It was hard to believe his student's words but if Bakugou was one thing, he was not a liar. He had no reason to. Additionally, Aizawa had seen Midoriya's gleeful expression as he injured Bakugou's arm. Midoriya was anything but a sadist so it was safe to assume that they were either dealing with a shapeshifting Quirk like Toga's or Midoriya himself was being influenced by a Quirk. The glowing eyes only confirmed this further. He hoped the League of Villains were not involved. Although on the other hand, no matter the cause, it could not be good. What puzzled Aizawa the most was him calling himself a demon. Was it code for something? Some sort of joke? A villain name?