Chapter III - Wicked Games

The following few days proceeded as normal and everything was going swimmingly for Class 1-A. That was until their school trip to the shopping centre.

——

"Where should we go first?" Uraraka asked cheerfully, looking at the group she was with, which consisted of Midoriya, Iida, Todoroki, Asui and Aoyama.

"How about the arcade?" Asui suggested.

"Sounds fun!" Midoriya beamed.

"Sure." Todoroki said.

Aoyama flicked his hair, "As long as I get to show off my flamboyant moves on the dance game."

"Alright, the arcade it is!" Iida stated and swiftly led the way.

When they reached the arcade, they all collected some coins from the exchange machines then split off in different directions. Midoriya caught up to Aoyama as he headed straight for the dancing game, "Aoyama-kun! Mind if we do it together?"

"Non, not at all! Don't get upset when I outshine you, though," he gleamed.

Midoriya smirked and positioned himself next to his classmate. They inserted their coins and the music began playing, colourful arrows appearing on the screen. The two boys stepped in time to the music, both receiving 'Perfect' and 'Outstanding' compliments from the machine. Midoriya then began to improvise his own choreography, ignoring the arrows and moving his hips in synchrony to the melody of the upbeat song. It looked almost as though he were a professional dancer. A crowd soon began to gather around him, clapping and cheering him on. Aoyama faltered a little as he watched his friend pull these moves out from nowhere then looked at everyone gawking at Midoriya, completely ignoring him.

When the song ended, Midoriya bowed and the crowed applauded him. Grinning smugly, he turned to his classmate, who was just stood there in shock.

"Quelle—? I thought you said you couldn't dance," Aoyama questioned.

Midoriya laughed, taunting, "Awh, is somebody jealous that I outshined him? How embarrassing." Aoyama blinked, jaw dropping. "Oh, look, you won the game. Congrats!" Midoriya patted a speechless Aoyama's back before jumping down from the stage and wandering off.

Sauntering about the arcade, he spotted Uraraka and Asui playing a zombie shooter game. He passed a young boy who was holding a pack of chewing gun in his hand and swiftly snatched it off him, ignoring the child's angry yells to give it back. Midoriya popped some gum into his mouth and reached his classmates, leaning over their shoulders to peer at the game they were playing, "Get 'em!"

"Argh!" Uraraka shrieked, jumping and looking at him. "Deku-kun, don't scare me like that!" She huffed as she watched her character get sprung by the zombies and violently eaten.

Midoriya chuckled, "Sorry!"

"Would you like to have a go? Kero." Asui asked him, holding out her plastic gun.

Shaking his head, Midoriya replied, "No, thanks. I'll just watch."

"Alright. Another round then, Ochako-chan?"

"Certainly!" Uraraka replied. They placed their coins into the machine and the game restarted. Midoriya folded his arms as he stood behind them and stared at the screen. He blew a bubble with his chewing gum and it popped loudly, making Uraraka jump again. He put a hand over his mouth, stiffling a snigger when her character died.

"Deku-kun! You keep distracting me!" She whined.

"Sorry, I'm sorry! I'll go—"

"No, no, it's okay! I don't mind!"