Chapter V - Exorcizamus

"Everyone out!" Aizawa yelled and pushed the nearest students towards the door. They all lurched for the exit, though only a few made it out before the shards shot towards them like bullets. At the last moment, Todoroki's ice wall appeared before them, deflecting the glass. Finally out of the classroom, Aizawa slammed the door shut, panting. His students stood in the hallway with panicked expressions.

Ashido asked with a shaky voice, "What do we do, Sensei?"

"Run."

The group leaped away from the familiar voice coming from the end of the hallway. Midoriya stood there, inhumanly still, with his gaze trained on the floor. An ominous aura surrounded him as his hair shadowed his eyes.

"Deku-kun..." Uraraka muttered.

"Guess again!" His head snapped up to reveal his Mephistophelian eyes. His lips twitched as he smiled widely.

Kaminari whispered, "H-he looks r-really scary right now..."

"Right!" Bakugou clenched his fists, readying himself, "I'll pummel this demonic trash!"

"No. I want you all to get out of here," Aizawa ordered sternly. "If this really is a demon, we have no idea what it's capable of. It isn't a villain; it's a transcendental being. Do as I say. Now!" The urgency of his ultimatum pushed his students to obey and they turned to flee.

"Ooh~ Another game! How delightful!" Midoriya swooned. "I love Cat and Mouse!" One step after the other, he made his way down the hallway. The students had disappeared from sight, but Aizawa stood his ground and curled his scarf around his hand. Midoriya clicked his tongue. "Now, now, Shouta. This isn't how the game works. Here, I'll give you a head start." He clicked his fingers and Aizawa reappeared further down the hallway in one of the classrooms. Bakugou and Kirishima were startled by his sudden presence and almost tackled him but held back just in time as they recognised who it was.

"Sensei! How did you do that?" Kirishima questioned.

Aizawa sighed, "It was Midoriya. The demon, rather. What are you both doing here? I told you to run away; you didn't get very far."

"Heh. We're gonna jump him when he passes by," Bakugou said, fists clenching.

"No, you're not. It's too dangerous."

"But, Sensei!" Kirishima protested. "We have to stop him! Who knows what he'll do if we let him go. There has to be something we can do, right?"

Aizawa sighed, narrowing his eyes. "Alright. I have an idea, but it may not work. If I remember correctly, Midnight has a rosemary. I believe she keeps it in her locker in the staff room."

Kirishima blinked at him. "Midnight-sensei...has a rosemary? Midnight-sensei?"

"I didn't question her further."

"Fair enough."

Bakugou snorted. "Why do you need a rosemary? What you gonna do—Pray?"

"If it is a demon, a rosemary may weaken it," Aizawa explained. "If we give up before we even try then we've already lost. It must have a weakness."

Kirishima nodded, "Okay. Let's try it!"

Meanwhile, Sero, Shouji and Asui were ducked behind a desk in one of the classrooms. "I can hear him getting closer. What do we do?" Shouji whispered.

"Get the Hell outta Dodge, that's what," Sero hissed.

Asui shook her head, "We have to do something, kero."

"What, though? We have no idea what we're dealing with!" Sero argued, throwing his arms up.

"Well it's too late to escape now...he'll see us if we go out the door," Asui replied.