Chapter 35

What was keeping Yerin anxious was that no one inside the car was talking. They didn't tie her hands and mouth but they did cover her eyes with a piece of cloth. She could just remove it but she was too scared of what they might do to her.

She was nervous as hell not only because of the situation she was in right now but because she was thinking of Taehyung and what could have happened to him.

Suddenly she felt the car stopped. She heard the door opened and someone gently pulled her down the van and left her standing. She could feel grass beneath her. Suddenly she heard the van door close and the van drove away.

She didn't hesitate remove the cloth covering her eyes and adjusted herself to the surroundings. She was standing in grass at a wide park. She recognized the place. This is where Sehun promised her that he will protect her for all his life after he saved her from Im Soo Jin.

She saw little lights from deeper into the trees. And a line of lantern leading her inside. Her curiosity had taken over her as she walked towards it. Slowly, she could see a gazeebo at the center lighted with fairy sparks that was looking so beautiful and romantic.

Music from a violin suddenly started playing.

She reached the gazeebo and recognized someone standing there waiting.

Sehun.

She didn't know if she should be relieved to see Sehun and run to him or if she would stay still and figure out what was going on.

"Sorry if I had to kidnap you." Sehun suddenly said. "It's part of the surprise." He grinned.

Yerin's eyes widened. "But Taehyung.."

"Don't worry about him. That drama was part of it too, he had to do that so you would follow her out and yeah the guys who took you were Baekhyun and the rest. We planned this together"

Yerin breathed in relief. "But what about your date?" she asked.

Sehun smiled sheepishly. "That was my dad's secretary. I.. uhh. Bought myself." He answered.

Yerin chuckled. "For a million dollars?"

"I didn't know someone was interested in buying me. I had to win myself to get through this surprise. I was willing to go for another million if anyone even insists." He grinned

"How desperate." Yerin mused. "And it worked. I was surprised. This place is beautiful." She smiled.

Sehun smiled in satisfaction

"What is this Sehun?" she asked

Sehun took a deep breath and reached out for her hands. "This is me finally free, finally able to do what I always wanted to do, wishing my life to finally be completed. I promised you in this exact place that I'll be protecting you and I kept my promise and I like to keep doing it if you'll let me."

The music played a soft lovely tune. Sehun asked Yerin for a dance and she gladly held his hand.

"We have known each other since we were kids. It's you I always see, I always hear, I always think of. My life was all about you for the past years yet I still want to live the rest of my life with you. You're making me crazy. I can't get enough of you."

Yerin smiled.

"When Taehyung came, I never thought he could be so much of a threat to me. I thought it would always be me but I was wrong. He took you away from me and I have to thank him for that. If that didn't happen, I would have still been stuck in sneaking glances at you, mentally punching Kai or Luhan for holding you, staying the cold and heartless dude they think I am."