REVERSE

I loved her so I shut my ears to reasoning but upon reflection now I fear I loved foolishly. I burnt bridges foolishly. I listened rather than saw because I loved her.

   Her truths were in the little things she did but not in what she said. Never in the words expressed freely and honestly by her tongue.

     I let myself be a tool. A way to instill jealousy. A means to instill more value for herself with her significant other.

  She said she loved me and I said I loved her too. I was wrong to reciprocate that emotion thus enabling her to partake in acts she felt betrayed for.

   She was sad so she kissed me.

   To be a pawn is ruthless. There's no action expected of you. Just be and let them be with you as they wish.

  I used to think she loved me but I was wrong. She was sad and I was present.

   She was sad she was wronged when her partner kissed another so she kissed me.

    She said she'd never cheat on me but she cheated on her partner with me.

    She was sad so she kissed me.

    I paid attention to her words when I should have paid attention to her actions.

   She kissed me. She was sad so she kissed me.

  "I'm a faithful person" she said while kissing me when she was involved with another.

   "I'd never hurt you" she said while she was hurting another.

  " I love only you" she said while she was in love with another.

   She was sad so she kissed me.

    Most days I am irritated by my actions. How I let my values slip away. I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to be loved. Oh how foolish I acted.

   I would lay awake being proud that I could break some principles which meant I could be her forever. I should have built them higher. I let her kiss me because I loved her.

   She was sad so she kissed me.

   I listened when I should have seen.

    She was sad so she kissed me.

   I acted too soon when I shouldn't have acted at all.

   She was sad so she kissed me.

   I opened up my soul to her but it wasn't enough. She said she loved someone like me but I wasn't enough.

   She was sad so she kissed me.

     I am forlorn, I played a role. I loved her yes so I kissed her back.

     She was sad so she kissed me.

    To go back in time is what I desire. To hold back my kiss. To hold her hand instead of locking lips. To offer words of encouragement only. To seek friendship only. To console her when she was hurting.

  I wish I was never sad so that I would have never kissed her. She says this every night. I hear her every night. To turn back the hands of time she desires. She wishes she was never sad so she would have never kissed me.

    She was sad so she kissed me.