BLISS

There's blood all over the kitchen walls. He said he was in love with another from the very beginning. I didn't want him to be in love with me. I wanted him present.

   There's blood all over the dusty old stereo. He would take me in his arms and whisper sweet nothings in my ears. We would take walks in the dead of night and share soft kisses along the way. But his heart belonged to another and I only craved attention, lust and company.

   There's blood all over the satin sheets. We would lay in bed for hours, living in a fantasy we knew would never be. I only desired care, attention, lust and company.

   There's blood all over the beach. He said his heart belonged to another and filled my head with tales of his perfect lady. I only wanted security, care, attention, lust and company.

    There's blood all over my slippery pink robe. The blood is that of my bleeding heart for alas! I did desire him to be in love with me but he was in love with another from the very beginning of time.

    There's blood all over the bathroom floor. I desired only company and lust or so I lied to myself. I was incapable of love, I would lie to myself.

    There's blood all over the halls and doors. This blood is the ghosts of the memories of him and I together and it haunts me with its foul stench of infidelity and betrayal. He loved another from the very beginning.