you and Joey surprise her on tour

You ended the call from Jennie with a sad feeling in your heart.

Your conversation tonight was shorter than they usually are. Not just because she's feeling tired after performing at tonight's show, but also because she was choking up as you talked.

She's been gone for a few weeks now and although she loves traveling and performing with her three best friends and seeing all of the fans in the crowd that sing back to them every night, she's seriously missing you and Joey.

This is the very first tour she's gone on since you met.

You knew it wasn't going to be easy. You just celebrated your first anniversary and Joey just doesn't understand why she has to be gone for so long, even though he knows what she does.

He's just too young to understand.

Being away from the two of you has made things hard on Jennie.

Although she's still putting her best foot forward every night, she feels sad when she lies in her bunk on the tour bus or in the bed of the hotel room, depending on where they're touring and for how many nights they're there.

And although she's got her three best friends who she loves and adores and who always try to cheer her up and keep her company, she feels lonely.

She cried a little over how much she missed the two of you when you facetimed.

You told her that you both miss her as well.

It was the truth and you thought maybe she'd feel a little better when you told her that you're counting down the days until she's here and everything feels right again, it only made her tear up more.

That day is still not even close to coming. It'll be another few weeks until the tour finishes as she and the girls travel the world and you both knew that.

You're sitting on the bed, your phone locked and the bedroom lights off. It's nearing one am and you know you should be sleeping but you just can't bring yourself to.

You miss her so much and tonight more so than ever.

You unlocked your phone and decided that you would finally do what you know you and Joey have both been wanting to do since Jennie first left but didn't have the chance to do until now.

You decided to go and surprise her on tour.

The girls are currently in London. They had a show there last night and have one more there tonight.

It's a long flight to get from Seoul to there. But for Jennie, it's so worth it.

You set an alarm on your phone to wake up so you wouldn't be late before closing your eyes and getting a little rest.

You awoke a few hours later to your alarm and got out of bed. You brushed your teeth and took a quick shower before you started to pack.

It's a little after five am and the sun is just barely coming up. You walked across the hall to Joey's room and awoke him so he could get ready and you could pack a few things for him.

"Guess where we're going." You said as you booped his small nose.

"Where?"

"To visit Jennie."

His eyes lit up and he got so excited that he couldn't even sit still.

Tugging at your hand, he tried to pull you to the door as he was ready to go right then and there, only for you to laugh and tell him you had to finish packing a few more things.

He grabbed his favorite blanket and plushie; both things Jennie gave to him.

"Ready?"

He nodded and you grabbed everything before calling for a cab before heading off to the airport.