"I didn't mean to" (requested)

"Sit down and watch your cartoons. I'll be back in a few minutes." You told Joey, who sat down on the sofa just as you told him to as you exited the living room.

You wanted to prepare a little snack for the two of you to share so you could watch a movie together while you wait for Jennie to arrive home.

You didn't have any worries about leaving him on his own for a few minutes.

You thought he'd just stay on the sofa and watch cartoons and you'd be back in there in no time.

But he was a curious kid, one who was completely fascinated by what Jennie does for a living.

He also has a little passion for music and Jennie has been promising to teach him guitar soon, as he really wanted to learn it.

So when he spotted Jennie's guitar across the room, he got up and immediately ran to it.

He picked it up and strummed it a little and the sound made you jump from inside the kitchen.

"Joey, what are you doing in there?" You called out.

"Nothing!" He yelled back.

You knew he was up to something but you didn't think too much of it.

You figured since he'd been caught, he'd put down whatever he was doing and sit back down on the couch.

But that's not what he did.

He continued to play with the guitar, pretending as though he was a rockstar as he zoomed around the room.

But then, a loud crash was heard and your heart almost stopped when you heard it.

"Joey? Are you okay?" You yelled as you hurried back into the living room.

Joey was sitting on the couch again, looking unharmed, and you breathed out a sigh of relief.

But your relief was short-lived because you saw Jennie's guitar on the floor and saw that it was broken.

"Oh, no," You said as you went to check out how damaged it was. "Joey, what happened?"

"I tripped." He said. "I'm sorry."

You knew that it was an accident because you knew he wouldn't do something like this on purpose.

He's not the kind of kid to act out or destroy things.

He's very well-behaved.

"I didn't mean to." He said. "I was just playing around."

"It's alright, baby." You said as you went over to the sofa.

"Is mom going to be mad?"

"I don't think so. She should understand."

That's what you figured.

You managed to calm him down before you told him to go up to his room and play for a little while.

And as soon as he was upstairs in his room, the front door opened and Jennie walked inside.

"Jennie? You're home early." You said as you tried to hide the broken guitar behind you.

"Yeah, well, we finished everything for the day so I got to come home." She smiled. "How are you? How was your day? And how's Joey?"

"Um," You paused as you tried to think, though you couldn't.

Your mind was full of racing thoughts about how she'd react to her broken guitar.

"What do you have behind you?" She asked.

You tried to hide it but she peeked around and her eyes went huge upon seeing her guitar.

"Oh, my god! What happened to my guitar?"

"It was just an accident."

"Was it Joey?"

"No, it was me. I did it." You said, taking the blame without any hesitation. "I'm sorry."

"You broke it? How could you?"

"I'm so sorry."

"This was custom-made! Do you know how much it cost me? It was so important to me! How could you be so careless?"

"I know, Jennie! But it was just an accident. Don't yell at me!"

Joey heard all the arguing and came downstairs quietly, watching from across the room.

He felt guilty for breaking Jennie's guitar.

Tears were in his eyes and he couldn't help but feel bad for what he'd done, even though it was all just an accident.

"Mommy?" He said as he came over to your side.

Jennie tried to calm down because she didn't want to yell while Joey was present.

"Baby, it's alright. Go up to your room, okay?"

But he wasn't going anywhere.

"Don't yell at her!'

"I'm not yelling, honey. We're just talking and having a little disagreement." Jennie said.

"I broke it!" He said.

"Joey," You tried to interrupt.

"Yell at me! I didn't mean to, I was just playing around!"

Jennie looked at you and then at Joey before sitting on the floor in front of him.

"Did you do it on purpose?"

"No." He quickly said. "I wouldn't do that."

"Okay," Jennie said.

"Yell at me, don't yell at mommy."

"I'm not going to yell at you."

"You're not?"

"No," Jennie said with a little smile. "I'm not mad anymore."

"Are you mad at Mommy?"

"No. I'm not mad at all and I'm not mad at either of you. It was just an accident and I should've known better. I also shouldn't have yelled and for that, I'm sorry."

She was looking at you as she spoke.

"I can get another one made. Don't feel bad anymore, okay? Let's put everything behind us."

"Okay," Joey said before hugging her.

You also joined in on the hug and Jennie giggled.

"My two favorite people." She said. "I love you both so much."

"We love you too." You said.

"Let's watch a movie together!" Jennie suggested with a grin.

"Okay!" Joey agreed excitedly before sitting down on the couch.

You and Jennie shared a quick kiss before joining him, happy that everything was behind you now and everything was better.