-I just wanted to see you smile-

Au: Modern AU
Trigger Warnings: Abuse, Mention Of Death, and Violence.
Additional Ships: Tanjiro x Kanao

It has been a awful night for the Tokito Twins. Their uncle, Kokushibo, had friends over last night. A rainbow-eyed man called Douma, and a orange-eyed one called Gyokko. Muichiro and Yuichiro were in their room, avoiding the other men. Yuchiro was helping his little brother study. "Your a pretty little girl, aren't you?" Muichiro's breath hitched, as his brother turned around to face the owner of the voice. It was Gyokko. "Go away." Yuichiro said, getting up and pushing him away. Gyokko, who was drunk, smiled. It was so creepy. "So your a boy after all? Hm. Someone needs to watch their tone." Yuichiro shuddered, but didn't back down. It was now that Gyokko noticed there was another child in the room. Muichiro. Gyokko grabbed a fistful of his hair, and lifted him up. Muichiro choked on his cries, as Yuichiro gasped. "Put him down!" The older child shouted, rushing to the man. Gyokko just smirked, and slapped Yui with his free hand. "Stupid kids." He said, loosening his grip on the shaking child, and threw him at the wall. "Muichiro!" His brother screamed, rushing over to his brother. Gyokko strode out of the room, a proud smirk on his face. Muchiro was crying, but he seemed okay. "I feel dizzy...is my head bleeding?" He asked, reaching up to wipe his eyes. Yui was giving him a very worried look. "N-no, your head's fine." Yui had a bruise on his face, and it made Mui sad. "Take care..of yourself too Nii...san." Mui was on the edge of consciousness, a few tears spilling out from his eyes. Yuichiro had tears streaked down his face too. He wrapped his sibling in a hug and began to sob. "Mui..I'm so sorry! I'm the older child, I should've protected you...I'm so so sorry! Mui..Mui are you listening?" When Yui lifted his head, his brother was out cold. Yuichiro's sight got blurrier, but he couldn't find the energy to put his brother to bed. He leaned against the wall, and put Muichiro's head in his lap, and drifted into a light sleep.

———————————-
"Mmh..Yui?" Muichiro woke up, and rubbed his head. What happened yesterday? Why did he have this awful headache? Why were they on the floor? Mui sat up slowly, and looked to his brother, who was still sleeping. I'll let him rest before school. Mui thought, kissing his forehead. As Mui got ready for school, he longed to remember what happened last night. Usually, Mui couldn't remember most things. School, on the other hand, was different. He knew almost everything, and remembered his friends. As Muichiro had finished changing, he heard a panicked voice call his name. "Mui? Mui!" Muichiro poked his head out of the bathroom, earning a sigh of relief from his sibling. "Where do you think your going?" He asked, his bossy-self making it's way back in charge. Muichiro looked at him funny. "School?" "No." "Why not?" "Your..uhm..sick." "C'mon, your ready too. Let's go!" "Mui!" Muichiro took his brother's hand, as they both ran outside before their uncle woke up.
Yuichiro was a bit grumpy on the way to school because Mui hadn't stayed home, but he got over it eventually. As they arrived at their lockers, Tanjiro, Zeinitsu, Genya, and Kanao were there too. Kanao was sleeping on Tanjiro, Zeinitsu was complaining about being a third wheel, Tanjiro was trying to shush him, and Genya had his hands over Kanao's ears so she wouldn't wake up. "Muichiroooo! Yuchiroooo! Tanjiro is leaving me out!" Zeinitsu said, seeing the two approaching them. Yuchiro rolled his eyes at the blonde, causing him to protest. Muichiro was quiet, and sat beside Genya. As he listened to a new argument, Genya turned to Mui. "Are you okay? You seem tired." He asked, meeting Mui's eyes. The shorter boy shrugged. "I'm just tired, Genya." Seeing a chance to tease the boy, the corners of his mouth lifted. "But, it makes me so happy to hear you care. It seems your a little obsessed with me, hm?" He knew what he said made little to no sense, but he hot the reaction he wanted from Genya. The older boy flushed, and tutned away in embarrassment. I'm gonna get him back for that, but how? Genya turned to Tanjiro, who was staring at his sleeping girlfriend. "Tanjiro," He said, leaning over. "Is Muichiro tickish any where?" Tanjiro thought about for a minute, and rested his head on Kanao's. "I think Yuichiro said he was ticklish on the neck?" Tanjiro seemed a bot confused to why Genya asked, but he seemed happy that he could provide an answer. Genya thanked him, and turned back to Muichiro, who was bent over his backpack. Genya leaned in close to his neck, and lightly blew air on it. Surprised, Muichiro's head spun around to face who did that. "Genya, what are you doing?" Genya just smiled, slid his arms around Mui's waist and pulled him closer. "Just shut up for a minute, okay?" Muichiro gulped, as his cheeks were flushed now. Genya took a lock of Mui's long hair, and placed it behind his ear. He blew again, this time earning a small giggle from Muichiro. Genya then planted small kisses around his collarbone, and Muichiro just couldn't hold back his laughter. "Genya! Stop that tickles!" Genya lifted his head up and smiled too. Once Mui had stopped laughing though, it was strangely quiet. The bell hadn't rung yet, what's going on?
Mui thought. As he and Genya turned back to the others, their eyes widened. Everyone was staring at them. While they were laughing woth eachother, Tanjiro had shushed the others, and told them to watch so Kanao could sleep in peace. Holy crap. Yuichiro looked ready to kill someone. "Genya..what were you doing to my brother?" "I.." Maybe if Genya was completely honest, Yuichiro would let him live until lunch. "Your brother looked disturbed and tired,so I simply wanted to make him smile." Yuichiro, somewhat suprised by this statement, sighed and crossed his arms. "Fine. I'll let you date my brother. If you hurt him, you a dead man." "Your dating?" Zeinitsu and Tanjiro exclaimed. Genya turned a bright red, and Mui just smiled. "Yes, since Genya here cares so much about my smile." "I do not." "Really? Your face says otherwise.

——————
A/N: I wrote this on Notes, so I just copy-pasted it here. This was so fun to write!! I'm gonna hc Muchiro ticklish there forever.