Our Little Family

Modern AU
(Muichiro is 22 and Genya is 24 in this au)

——————————————

"Daddy! Itsuki isn't sharing with me!"
"Kiyoko isn't being fair though!" Two children were arguing, both roughly 6 years old. They both shared violet eyes, and messy, raven-colored hair. The differences between them was that one was a girl, and the other was a boy. The girl had purple tips, and the boy had green tips. A smaller child, in her dad's arms, looked on with confusion. "Daddy, why is Nee-san fighting with Onii-chan?" Her dad gave the arguing children a look, and sighed.
"Because, Asami, your siblings are under your father's influence." A tall male, with a scar across his cheek and a black mohawk appeared in the doorway.
"Mui, I heard that!" The two arguing children, Itsuki and Kiyoko spot him and run to him. "Father! Itsuki is being rude!" Kiyoko says, clutching his right leg. Itsuki turns to his sister, and makes a face.
"No I'm not! Kiyoko is being mean, not me!"  The tall man, Genya, laughed.
"Is it so hard to get along, you two? Kiyoko, I need to walk you know!" Genya crouched down, now at his children's eye-level. "How about, if you two are good, I'll read you some bedtime stories?" The two kids exchanged glances, and exclaimed a loud 'yes!' Kiyoko let go of her dad's leg, and started to play tic-tac-toe with her brother. Genya went and sat down beside Muichiro, and took the toddler from him. Then, he put his hand on Mui's forehead. "How are you feeling?" Mui sighed dramatically.
"Genyaa, I've told you I'm fine! I can't believe you made me stay home all day."
"Mui, you work at home." Mui huffed.
"You know what I mean, idiot." Genya smiled at his partner's playfulness, and gently put the sleeping baby in his arms, inside a crib-like thing for toddlers. He then pulled Mui on his lap, making his face flush.
"Mmh, your such an idiot." Genya met his eyes, a mischievous glint in them.
"Really? Because last week when you slipped into the sn-"
"We don't talk about that." Genya laughed, pulling Mui closer, then burying his face in the green sweater Mui was wearing.
"Genya, that tickles!"
"I know, that's why I'm doing it." Muichiro pushed Genya away, and nearly fell to the floor himself.
"Your so annoying."
"You don't mean that do you? " The scarred boy said, a playful tone to his voice. Teasing his partner was fun. Muichiro rolled his eyes, and adjusted his position, so he fas facing Genya.
"So, how was work?" The shorter asked, playing with a strand of teal-tinted hair. "Zeinitsu and Inosuke burned our kitchen down. The higher-ups got really mad." Muichiro giggled, and Genya pouted. "Stop laughing! They are so scary!" Hearing this just made Muichiro laugh harder. After a good five minutes, his laughter died down.
"That sounds awesome! Nii-san says he'll start working as a higher up next week!" Genya smacked his forehead with his palm. "Mui, your brother is terrifying."
"He's not that bad! He's just, over-protective!" Genya groaned internally, remembering the time when Yuichiro had chased him around the whole school because he had kissed Mui. The long-haired boy leaned forward slightly and kissed him. "I think you'll be just fine." Genya smiled slightly, and pulled him closer.
"Daddy! Why did you kiss Papa?" Itsuki and Kinoko chorused together, their eyes sparkling. Muichiro turned around surprised, but it faded into a bright smile. He reached his arms out, and hoisted the two kids on the couch.
"When you find someone you love, maybe one day you'll kiss them too." Itsuki made a face.
"What if we don't want too?" Genya ruffled the child's messy hair, and kissed Muichiro softly again.
"Then you don't have too, buddy."
"Papa! What does love feel like?" Kiyoko said, her face curious and cute. Muichiro looked up at the ceiling for a minute, then to his eldest daughter, his son, his youngest daughter, and then his lover. "Love is when you want to spend your whole life with these certain people, and protect them for everything your worth. You want to make them happy, and never want to see them cry."
—————————————