Snowed In On A Mission

Shinazugawa Genya and Tokitou Muichiro were on a mission together. They were sent to a part of the northern district, to investigate the brutal deaths being reported. The December air was chilly, and Genya was worried about Muichiro. Mui hadn't said a word to Genya, and the other boy was too scared too. They had been walking for a while, and the sun was beginning to set. Genya finally built up some confidence, and spoke up. "Are you not cold, Tokitou-kun? I mean, Hashira have different training... but your the youngest out them all.." His voice trailed off as Muichiro turned around to stare at him. "I-I mean it's not a bad thing! I just, though you would be cold.." He mumbled, his cheeks flushing. He could feel the smaller boy keeping his gaze locked on him, but refused to meet his eyes. The shade of his eyes reminded him of way too many things, and they were just so pretty. A loud cry pierced the night, and both the slayers stopped in their tracks. The only thing in sight was a old, brown shack, so that's where they headed. There was nobody in the cabin, but it was covered in blood. The back was ripped open, and a pile of crimson-covered bodied littered the scene. There was a tall, pale blue figure standing over two little kids. They were twin boys, with fairly long hair. One was bleeding, but held his arms in front of his younger brother, who was crying. Muichiro felt an odd sense of deja vu, and a suppressed anger. He ran towards the demon. "Mist Breathing, Second Form.. Eight Layered Mist." To his surprise, the demon wasn't there. What is this odd sensation? It's like.. somebody is- A loud gun shot rang out, and Mui whipped around. There stood the demon, bleeding from Genya's gun.  "A gun? That's a different one." That voice sounded so...irritating. Like nails on a chalkboard.  "Your voice is so annoying. Can you just die already?" Muichiro's monotone voice was laced with disgust, as he neatly cut off his arms, and joined Genya's side. Upper..Moon...6. The demon grunted, and re-grew his arms.  "A pillar! This one looks nice and tasty. I'll make sure to preserve you right away. Blood Demon Art: Crystal Casket." Large, ragged spikes of blue crystal appear and launch out at the duo. "Genya, go save those kids." "What about-?" "Go!" Their was an odd sense of panic in his voice, and frightened Genya. He took off the other way, his opponent not caring. He circulated around the house once, and swooped the kids up, placing them a safe distance from the building. "Are you okay?" He asked, trying his best to tune out the battle sounds. The boy that was crying clung tightly to his brother, who scowled at Genya. "I'm fine. Go away." His arm had a pretty big gash, which could be fatal. Genya was sure he was not okay. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a small roll of bandages. He wraps up the boys arms quickly, and orders them to stay here, for Kakushi have been called to the area. A large bang sounds, causing them to jump. Shit. I took too long.
———Back At The House-
"So? Have you had enough yet?" A teasing voice asked, the Hashira in front of him panting heavily. All his attacks had failed, only being able to graze his neck once. Muichiro stood up, and drew his chipped blade. The demon groaned, and held his hands out. "Seriously? This is getting boring. Humans can never get so far. They always die, on the brink of succession. Truly worthless. Humans are a waste of existence." Why does that feel so familiar? I feel...angry. Really angry. Who said that to me? "Humans have the many things your repulsive kind does not. Faith. Trust. Loyalty. Determination." He looked up, a determined look on his face. "I guess your brain is just, too small to understand that?" The demon's face twisted into a face of rage, as more spikes appeared. What? Their so...slow. The smaller boy was able to dodge them easily, ignoring just how numb his arms and legs were. "Mist Breathing, Sixth Form: Lunar Dispersing Mist." He moved too fast for his opponent to react properly, and delivered a clean slash. Upper Moon 6 was dead. By the time Genya had gotten there, the battle was over. "Tokitou-kun! Are you okay?! I'm sorry I wasn't there!" Genya ran towards him, looking to see if his injuries were severe. Fortunately, Mui was only covered in cuts and gashes, most of which weren't very deep and couldn't be fatal. He was completely numb though, from both the cold and the demon's crystal. It had started snowing, and it wasn't anywhere close to daytime. "We should just stay here till the Kakushi come, alright?" Muichiro gave a slight nod, and sat down against a tree. The older boy felt a light pressure on his leg, and tilted his head down to find the two little kids from earlier. "Mister, it started snowing, and Nii-san got cold. We followed you back here." The younger twin stated, seemingly proud of himself. The other one grumbled, and went to sit next to Muichiro. Genya groaned internally, and willed himself not to curse in front of a kid. He sighed, hoisted the little boy into his arms, and sat down next to Mui, who was hugging the other one to keep him warm. "He's..asleep." He whispered softly, surprising Genya with his will to talk. The little boy in his arms was asleep too, despite the cold. Genya slipped snd arm around Muichiro's shoulders, and pulled both him and the child closer. The long-haired boy's cheeks flushed, but he didn't retreat from the warmth Genya gave. "Just rest, okay? I'm sure the snow will let out soon." Genya sounded half-asleep himself. Mui let his eyes close, but before he could fall asleep, he felt something warm on his cheek. "Sleep well." Muichiro did his best not to react, but he was sure he was a shade of pink. You too, Genya.

——————————-