~ La Rencontre ~

~ The Encounter ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was another day in Liyue, and Aether and Paimon had just finished a commission from Katheryne. When suddenly a woman jumped in front of Aether.

"TRAVELER!!" A woman screamed. Aether flinched, putting his arms in front of him in hopes of defending himself.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK?!?" Paimon shouted, causing people to look over. "Oh, hi, Lan." Aether said as he recognised her. "Do you think you could not pop out of nowhere like that next time, please?" Aether asked shaken up.

"Ah, sorry. But there's something very important I need you to do for the commission." Lan expressed. She looked a bit worried.

"Ok, well I was just on my way to Katheryne, but what do you need?"

"W-Well," Lan stuttered. "There has been reports of repeated monsters showing up in the same place every day. They're causing horrible things to the people and guards nearby, and there are reports of people acting differently. An adeptus has been vanquishing the demons, although it seems as though there's been black smoke that has been transferred to the humans nearby. In other words, the demons are not vanquishing correctly." Lan explained.

An adeptus, black smoke? Black smoke! He's an adeptus? Aether questioned himself.

Aether snapped back to reality. "I will look into it immediately. Now where is this location?" Aether asked. "Its near Guili Plains." Lan answered. "Oh, and please be careful!!" She said as Aether and Paimon were leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Aether was walking to the location, he saw a short man. He had a green tattoo, blue hair with teal undertones, and had the body of a god. Aether's cheeks were flushed as the man held his spear.

Although Aether saw something else...He looked like he was hurt. He was on one knee, monsters all around him, dead.

Aether's eyebrows furrowed. The short man had his head held low. Aether walked towards him slowly.

The handsome man immediately held his spear at Aether's neck, with a murderous look in his eyes.

Aether's eyes expanded. "Woah! I'm not a monster, I swear." Aether said panicked. The man lowered his weapon looking at him with no care at all. He looked emotionless.

Was this the adeptus? Of course it is. He is a god. Aether had a conversation in his head.

"Who the hell are you?" The man had a low voice. It was intimidating. It sent chills down Aether's spine.

"I-I was sent here to check out the situation. The humans are acting strange and-" Aether was cut off. "I'm well aware of the situation. You don't need to be here." The man said annoyed. "I'm handling it."

Aether's eyes traveled his body until he eventually met a scar on the male's body. It was bleeding.

"My eyes are up here. I don't see why you need to look down when someone is-" His words were silenced when Aether bent down on his knees and looked at his wound.

Aether took his scarf and wrapped it around his wound. "What the fuck are you doing? Why the hell are you touching me?" The man flinched. He was now upset.

"Calm down." Aether said as he stood up. "I was helping you."

"I don't see why I need your help. Don't come near me, got it?" The man cut the conversation short as soon as possible and all Aether saw was black smoke when he left.

Aether was alone in Guili Plains, wondering what had just happened.

How rude. Aether thought to himself.

Although, Aether felt more drawn to him then he did before even though he hadn't realised it yet..

~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Let's all pretend Paimon wasn't there when they met, okay?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! A new one will probably be out later next week!!

Thank you for reading! <3
love you