~ Que Se Passe-t-il..? ~

art by @arin_0013 on twitter

~What's Going On..?~

Some of the events from the Archon story in Liyue are a little exposed. As well as Zhongli and Xiao's relationship.

Xiao's backstory would also be a little revealed.

In this story, Xiao can feel that Zhongli is special to him, but in Genshin he does not know.  

Malum languorem means evil sickness in Latin.
~~~~~~~

Aether looked at the blood bath in horror.

"....Xiao?!"

"NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!!" Aether screamed and shouted hitting the bed.

"Aether." A male said from the corner of the room.

He stood with his arms crossed with a stern look on his face.

Aether turned around to face the him.

Tears were running down his face as his hands were covered in blood.

The man stepped from out of the dark corner.

"You're going to have to be a god in order to kill me, my love." Xiao said, his face remaining the same.

Aether turned around to face the bed, no one was there.

He looked down at his hands, they were clean?

"I don't know what's wrong with you but you're hallucinating." The adeptus was a little freaked out for his dear Aether. "Maybe I should-"

Aether got up from the bed and crashed into Xiao, almost making him lose his balance.

He hugged Xiao tightly and sobbed.

"I-I thought..I thought I.." Aether stuttered through his words.

"Well, you didn't. Everything's fine." Xiao stroked Aether's hair. "You'd have to be a god in order to kill me. I'm not going anywhere."

The blonde calmed down, his hyperventilating getting slower.

"However, one should really figure out what's happening to you. Have you had anything peculiar going on?" Xiao asked.

"No.." Aether tried to remember certain things.

His mind drifted to the dream of Lumine.

"Wait!" Aether pulled away from Xiao. "I had a dream about Lumine! It felt so real, and I woke up in sweat."

Hm. Xiao thought

Is it possible that she's..alive?

~~~~~~

The adeptus tried to figure  out what was going on with Aether.

He hated going to Liyue Harbour without Aether, so he asked him to meet him outside the city.

He didn't know about his secret, so this was strange. However, he sensed something special about him.

Xiao knew that he recognised him somewhere.

The adeptus stood with his arms crossed, standing on the outskirts of Liyue Harbour.

A tall handsome man came out, walking with his hands in his pockets.

"Hello, Xiao. What is the meaning of this meeting?" The tall man spoke.

"I know that you were something to Liyue."

..And to me.. Xiao thought.

"However, my..hm..the traveller has fallen to some sort of sickness." Xiao tripped through his words. "You're close with him, correct?"

"Indeed." The tall man responded.

"Alright..Zhongli..do you know of any sickness that makes you hallucinate, and be hurtful to others?"

Zhongli took a long pause before speaking.

"A powerful force..a sickness, a magic called malum languorem. It's very harmful to humans."

Malum languorem? Xiao thought to himself. 

"It is most certainly not common, and the medication is especially hard to get a hold of." Zhongli cut off Xiao's thoughts.

"What is the medication for it?" Xiao had a demanding tone.

"Profanus' blood."

~~~~~~~

Back at the inn, Aether's suffering had gotten worse.

Hallucinations, sweating, crying, bleeding, aches, etc.

Aether could barely even open his eyes to see who opened the door.

Xiao put his hand on his forehead.

"You're so pale.." The adeptus muttered to himself.

"D-Did..you find out what is wrong with..me?" Aether huffed through his words. It sounded like he was on his last few hours of life.

"Yes. Malum languorem is what you have." Xiao looked down at his hands.

"Why do..you look so upset?" Aether asked.

"Ah...it's nothing. Please go to sleep." Xiao didn't want the blonde to worry any more than he could handle.

"You're hiding..something. But I'm tired so I will.. ask you about it.. later." Aether closed his eyes and dozed off to sleep.

Fuck.

~~~~~~
A/N

Thank you for reading!

i hope you enjoyed.

ilysm <3

will Aether die or will he survive?

678 words