Chapter 29

"Where is (Y/N)!?" Cami's blade collided with the side of the country's gun. She grew impatient by the second, angered by the fact that she knew little to nothing about where you were. She was hit back, but didn't get hurt, landing beside her two friends, who were a fair distance away from the country. 

"If you don't tell us now, you won't like what is coming for you!" Samuel pointed the sharp end of his sword at the enemy, glaring at him. His eyes were as narrow as they could get. 

Belarus cackled softly. "You humans are weak! None of you will get any information out of us! If you try torturing us or even threatening to kill us, we've sworn to be loyal and to keep our mouths shut to the UN!"

She indeed was annoying, Samuel and Cami thought. Her voice and attitude were those of a mentally insane person, including the movements of her body and changes of expressions and moods on her face. It was quite disturbing and creepy in a way.

"If you won't tell us, then we will have to go look for them ourselves!" Sal tucked his knives into his holsters.

"Oh, you aren't going anywhere!" The female twirled her giant mallet in her hands. "Our fun has just begun! Besides, the UN doesn't want you going in any further!"

"Fine, then come and get us, freak!" Cami shouted.

Belarus smirked and lunged forwards, the trio of friends splitting up and running off into different directions, also avoiding the attack. The country landed, creating a huge crack on the floor with her weapon. She quickly snapped her body and head over to where Cami had gone and chased after her. 

"Let me out!" I cried, banging my fists against the white metal door. "Cami! Samuel! Sal! Anyone! I'm here!"

I don't know how long I've been trapped inside this room. It has probably been hours already, or maybe half an hour. Bright lights were switched on and food was brought to me through a hatch above on the tall and high white ceiling. All they gave me was white rice in a white bowl with a white spoon. 

The room was silent and I could not hear anything coming from outside the room. I quit my action and lowered my head. It was no use. My initial thought was that nobody was on the side, but now I believe that the walls are soundproof. I couldn't hear anyone out there, and nobody could listen to my voice. 

Sitting upon the bed, I hugged my knees and quietly sobbed to myself. My friends had arrived with help, but now I was stuck under the surface of the planet, in here where no one can find me. There was no way they were going to find me, not unless Russia or one of the other countries against the UN told them where I was located. 

Up there, on the field in front of the building and inside the walls, soldiers were battling with the enemy. Russia and his comrades must be aiding the humans, my side. They are probably killing their own kind, helping humanity so that we can win this war and finally end this hatred. Not only that, but stop our suffering as well and regrow humankind without the countries and organizations getting in our way.

Reaching my hand out, I grabbed a piece of blank paper and rose up onto my feet, walking to the door. I slid it underneath the door and backed away, waiting for the door to open. Moments later, it slowly opened with North Korea poking his head in. I took this opportunity and tackled him, immediately standing up and sprinted into the long corridor.

"Get back here!" He chased after me, pulling out his gun. He pushed the trigger and fired bullets from the weapon, missing every single one of those shots. 

I turned a sharp corner, almost siding into the wall. The alarm blared once more, redness covering the walls. I continued to run, making decisions in my mind about which way to go when I reached an area with multiple paths. 

North Korea had gained up speed and caught up to me, but was still quite far from me. He shot his bullets until he ran out of ammo, then he switched to his knife in an attempt to possibly penetrate me with it once he captured me and had me in his clutches once more.

"You won't get away from me!" The Korean tackled me to the floor, raising his sharp and pointy weapon and swinging down, stabbing it just above my right hip. I screamed in pure agony, punching the country off my body. I got up onto my feet and instantly spirited away, North Korea doing the exact same once he recovered from my hit. I was quite far ahead, thankfully.

I took a left, and at the end of the hallway I could see freedom. It was the way out of the basement and back up onto the surface!

Two figures suddenly appeared at the exit of the maze of hallways. I was about to hit the brakes and stop in my tracks, but then I realized it was Russia and Reichtangle. They motioned for me to hurry.

"Come on, Ms./Mr. (L/N)!" The Russian shouted.

I grinned happily and ran as fast as my legs could go. I glanced behind me and saw North Korea, but he had stopped chasing me. He instead stood at the other end with his usual unimpressed and grumpy facial expression. His arms were folded too. I couldn't tell whether he was pouting or simply doing the same old thing. 

I stopped running, spinning around fully with a smirk on my face. I laughed as I panted heavily, bending over slightly and placing my hands on my knees. After a few seconds, I looked back up at the Korean and stared into his eyes.

"Perhaps next time, idiot!" 

Suddenly, North Korea started to laugh hysterically with a wide and open evil grin. I felt two pairs of arms grab both of my underarms and force me onto the floor. 

"What!?"

The country took slow steps toward me.

"Did you really think Russia was telling the truth when he spoke to you about him forming a rebellion against his own kind? Oh, how idiotic of you! The UN knew about this the whole entire time! Russia, along with his partner Reichtangle were only watching you, looking over your every move."

When he finally reached me, he crouched down in front of me and held my chin. 

"Get one thing straight within your mind: you belong to us, and you will never escape."