Chapter 53

"Y-You're going out with them?" I stuttered, pressing my hands and body to his chest as I stared into his eyes with sadness and worry. 

He nodded.

"B-But you can't leave!" I couldn't let him. What if he gets caught alongside the others? No, it's too risky! "The organizations, the enemy countries—you'll be seen and captured by them, possibly even killed! I know they've been successful in their missions so far, but this one could go wrong! Please, Reichtangle, don't go! I-I need you! B-Besides, who is going to watch over me while you're gone? You're always the one that takes care of me and watches over me!"

Pointing behind the couch, I turn my head, my eyes landing on Prussia, Austria-Hungary, and the German Empire. 

"They're not going?" I turned back to Reichtangle. "Why? Did you choose to have them stay behind to look after me?" 

He nodded again, using his hands to speak to me through sign language. "They are some of the best fighters out of all of the countries. I remember during the many wars I went through decades ago, including the most recent one three years ago when they fought together as a group. Let's just say no human was prepared to experience such talented and skillful gun and sword fights. It was incredible yet terrifying. They were an unstoppable force."

"I understand, Reichtangle, but I still don't want you to go." I frowned. "Please, if I lose you, I won't be able to handle it. My heart will shatter into a million pieces."

He sighed and kneeled in front of me, embracing me. I buried my face into his neck as I hugged him back. He pulled away not too long after, planting a small kiss on my forehead before reaching into a pocket on the upper left of his black suit. He grabbed something and took his fist out, bringing it to my face. Unfolding his fist, the item he grabbed was revealed to be a golden necklace with a heart locket. Gold rose petals and angel wings were attached on the sides of the heart locket.

"Is that for me?" I asked, staring at it. 

Reichtangle unclipped the end of the piece of jewelry and stood up, walking around the couch. He put it around my neck and clipped it, releasing it soon after. I pulled it down, the heart locket just barely reaching my chest. He walked back in front of me and kneeled again, taking my hand into his. 

I examined the necklace then put my attention back on him. A light blush formed onto my cheeks as he rubbed my palm against his cheek, loving the feeling of my touch. He planted a nice, passionate kiss onto my palm then set my hand down on my lap. 

I had no words, simply flabbergasted and flustered by his actions. 

Standing up, he looked into my eyes for what he hoped was not the last time.

"I will return, I promise." He signed.

"We all know you're upset that he left with the others, but they will come back soon." The German Empire explained. "We guarantee it. Not once have they failed a mission before."

"Please, Mr./Mrs. (L/N), there really isn't much to worry about." Austria-Hungary added. 

I gulped down a glass of water and crossed my legs, resting my elbow on my thigh and placing my chin on the palm of my hand. "I just don't have a good feeling about this one, guys. I fear that something horrible is going to occur."

"Look, Reichtangle did promise you that he would return, correct?" Prussia asked, sitting down beside me on the couch. "He never breaks his promises. Not once in his whole entire life has he broken a promise. He always keeps them and will stop at nothing until that promise is fulfilled."

"He is right, you know." Austria-Hungary crossed his legs. "Reichtangle was an excellent servant. He did everything I asked him to do. Once, about four and a half years ago, before The UN decided to unleash his plan, a group of thieves attempted to steal from the German Empire's family while I was over. While both me and the German Empire dealt with the thugs, I asked Reichtangle to protect Germany at all costs. When two thugs got to him and Germany, they tried shooting Germany to death, but Reichtangle took all of the bullets. All thirty eight bullets."

"Thirty eight?" I was taken aback, shocked.

"It is true." The German Empire raised his glass of beer. "This actually did happen. Reichtangle is simply incredible, a tough man to beat and kill."

"I remember when he was stabbed fifty-two times in the chest and stomach." Prussia leaned back with a smile plastered on his face. "He must be the strongest man alive. I don't think any human has ever survived a stabbing like that before."

"Telling by the way he always sticks by your side, Reichtangle likes you." The German Empire said. "No, he loves you. He crafted that necklace by himself, with his own bare hands. He has kept it with him throughout his life, and nobody ever knew who or what it was for. Now that he has given it to you, I think it's obvious why he's been keeping it for so long."

"H-He loves me?" I stuttered as a dark blush lit up my face.

"Oh, why will you look at that! Ha!" Prussia laughed. 

"You love him too, don't you?" Austria-Hungary questioned me. "If you say no, you are obviously lying."

"I-I…yes." I covered my face with my hands out of pure embarrassment. 

"Now it seems like we have a secret to keep, guys." The German Empire whispered, the two other countries nodding. "Unless, of course, he already knows."

"He probably does." I said, my voice muffled with my hands over my face. 

"All we have to do now is wait then." Prussia crossed his arms. 

"Wait for what?" I let my hands fall onto my lap.

"For when Reichtangle finally decides to confess his love for you."