02

(A/N: i just assumed that the cat in the webtoon series 'The Boxer' was male, because i don't think it was ever mentioned what gender the cat was, if it is revealed -or has been and i missed it- i'll go back and change it.)

Sorin sighed as she shut her locker, bad slung over her shoulder. It'd been a long day at school, and would continue due to the amount of work the teachers had decided to oh so graciously provide the students. She ran a hand through her fluffy hair, brushing it from her eyes as she made her way outside.

On the bright side, her cat had come back. Sitting on her doorstep the very next morning as if it hadn't gone missing. Sorin laughed over how easily upset she'd gotten over her pet's disappearance. Archie was a cat, he went where he wanted and came home when he pleased. Cats believed they ruled the world, and everyone in it. He still managed to elude her at night though, always vanishing for whatever kitty business he was always up to.

Upon making it home her suspicions were confirmed, as the sneaky feline was in fact gone for the night.

Sighing she dropped the heavy bag to the floor, shuffling towards the kitchen to look through the fridge for any food.

Closing the door she sighed and picked her bag up again to head to her room and begin on the mountain of homework that had been assigned. The light pencil scratchings on paper filled the room as she worked through each subject.

Tired brown eyes glanced at the digital clock that rested on her bedside table. Its red glow piercing her eyes as it shouted the time 10:45. Sorin rubbed her eyes, dropping the pencil to the desk after she'd written down the last word. Groaning she stood from the chair and pushed it into the spacious desk before stretching.

Putting on her sleeping shirt, the only shirt she deemed acceptable to sleep in. Sorin did her nightly routine of brushing her hair and teeth, and doing skin care before going back to her room to collapse in the queen sized bed. Hugging a pillow close to her chest to compensate for her missing cat, she snuggled into it and drifted off to sleep.

Rays of sunshine were the first thing that brushed her eyes as Sorin turned away, shutting her eyes and groaning.

"Mrow?"

Sorin's eyes popped open as she yelped and fell off the bed onto the cold floorboards. Her head peaked over the bed to see the black cat purring smugly.

She let out a breath of relief "Archie!" She scooped up the cat hugging the pet to her chest.

The cat himself seemed to make his disappearance a routine, leaving at night and somehow, (Sorin couldn't find out how he was getting in) finding himself perched at the edge of her bed. He'd yowl for her to wake up and would continue until she'd stumble half asleep to his bowl to fill it.

Even though the critter always made it back in one piece, it still worried Sorin. She fell asleep each night hoping the damned thing was just as safe the night before, when he would inevitably disappear.

Filling his bowl, the black cat slipped from her arms as if he were a shadow unable to be held. Sorin stroked his ears for a brief moment, before standing and going about her own business.

Mornings were hard to start, but once she got into the groove of it, it came easier. Setting a pan atop the stove she lit the fire beneath it, sleepily moving towards the fridge to pull out some eggs and bacon. Eggs had never been her favorite, but complaining was for people who had well paying jobs and besides, a carton of eggs was fifty cents at the local store. Cracking an egg she listened to the familiar sound it made as it sizzled and popped in the pan. Sorin went to work scrambling it and simultaneously grabbing a paper plate from a cabinet right beside the oven.