Textbook love

A/n: Non-despair au, at Hope's Peak

- Textbook love -

  I stared up at the teacher, writing notes into the small notebook open on my desk. Each and every word was soon stroked down onto the page. I had to focus. The next test was going to be one of the hardest yet.

  I then felt something hit my head. A crumpled paper fell to the floor beside me. I spun around to see the black and white haired kid who always insisted on bugging me. His legs were propped up on the desk, his smile wide.

  I turned back, my face hot with anger. I had missed one of the most important steps due to him. I quickly jotted down what was wrote on the board to try and catch back up.

  The bell soon rang. I shoved my notebook into my backpack, rushing out of the room so I would have enough to make it to my next class. I came to my locker and quickly looked through to find my history textbook.

  There was a banging sound beside me.

  "Hi there." It was the same kid as before.

  "What do you want?" I asked harshly, swapping out my books.

  "I just wanna talk is all."

I slammed my locker shut, turning to face him. "And why would I wanna talk to you?" I asked in a growling tone. The boy only laughed.

  "How cute." He said, swooping a finger down my nose.

  My nostrils flared in anger. I spun around, trying my best to ignore the boy. In turn, he grabbed my wrist, pulling me back towards him.

  "Come on, don't leave yet." He whined.

  "And why not?"

  "Because you can't leave without this." In his hand was my textbook. It seemed I had forgotten to zip my backpack.

  "Give it back!" I shouted. In turn, the boy held the textbook over my head. I tried to grab it, though I couldn't reach due to him being slightly taller than me (and wearing boots-).

  The first bell rang and I began to panic. I only had a minute to get to my next class and I needed that textbook.

  "Please give it back." I said, reaching up again. My efforts remained futile.

  The boy laughed once again. He seemed to enjoy making my life harder.

  My heart dropped as the late bell echoed through the halls. This was the first time I had been late all year. Sure, the curriculum allowed us to skip, but I hated the idea of it.

  "See? Now was it really that bad?" The boy asked, slowly lowering his arm. I snatched the book from him, quickly turning to leave.

  As I walked towards the stairs the boy followed me.

  "Go away." I shouted at him. Instead, I was pulled into an empty side hall. The boy forced me to face him.

  "I thought I told you to-" In that moment the boy slammed his lips into mine. My eyes widened in pure shock, my face turning multiple shades of red.

  He then pulled away, flashing me a smirk.

  I couldn't help but stare at him. I was dumbfounded. How could...how did he...

  "I've liked you for a while now, Y/n. What do you say?" He questioned, the same smirk plastered on his face.

  "I- I don't even know your name!" I shouted, clearly flustered.

  "Call me Monokuma." He said, pushing the hair from my face. "Will you be my (partner)?"

  I had no clue what to say. "I...we don't even really know each other." I pointed out.

  "Then we'll go on a date. Meet me here tomorrow after school. Don't be late." And with that, he was gone.

A/n: ahaha- short. Not you, the chapter. The chapter was short. Don't you just love when an annoying bear-child just randomly kisses you? To be honest, I don't even know what this chapter was- hope you despairfully enjoyed it though.

As always, have a good rest of your day/night. We have hope this time if you want it. Nagito and Junko are here if you want autographs too, so enjoy spending time with them!