1

"Daniel! Dinner!" his mum calls from downstairs.

Daniel quickly finishes his sketch; a nude portrait of his beloved band mate, Ben. He snaps his notebook shut and hides it under his mattress, he can't let anyone find out what's in there. He does a backflip out of bed and runs right into the door handle.

He slams his door shut and jogs downstairs so fast that he trips over the dog and falls flat on his face, the carpet burning his chin.

"What's wrong with you, Dan ??" his brother asks. "Are you hiding something?"

Dan starts sweating profusely and panics. His arms waving about like a monkey.

"What the fuck, no, I'm not hiding anything !!!" he says, on the verge of tears.

"Woah, calm down, I'm just messing with ya!"

Embarrassed, Dan wipes the sweat off his face with his hand and licks it.

After dinner, Daniel crawls back upstairs on all fours, like a dog, to maximize speed of course, and goes back into his room to add the finishing touches to his drawing. BUT he can't find his book where he left it under his mattress. His heart sinks and his eyes widen in horror.

Oh God, I think I'm gonna be sick , he thinks.

He starts starts sweating again, this is probably the most stressful moment of his life. Dan cries and paces around his room and bites his nails nervously. He decides to check under the mattress again and there's his notebook, it was there all along, just pushed slightly further back than usual.

He breathes a sigh of relief and opens the notebook to Ben's nude portrait and kisses it. He traces its body's outline with his finger.

"I love you, Ben ..." he whispers longingly as he sinks to the floor.

"What was that, mate?" Dan's dad just happened to be walking past his room at that moment.

"Uh, uh .. NOTHING, DAD!" Dan screams, suddenly jumping up, panicking and hiding the book under his pillow. "Just talking to myself, I'm so goofy!"

"Right ..." his dad frowns and walks off.

That was a close one, Dan thinks.