4

When Daniel gets home after his experience with the police, he comes back to reality and realises he made himself look like a total loser in front of his crush, Ben.

He gets to his room and lays on his bed, staring at the photo of him and Ben on his wall. He screams and bursts into tears, he is so upset about what happened and he can't take it.

He smashes his fists into his pillow as tears stream down his face. He is heartbroken... Now Ben will never want to go to prom with him!

Panicking and breathing so frantically makes him pass out and he falls off the bed onto the floor.

The next morning, he heads off to school, quadruple checking that his uniform is on correctly with no shit stains.

He meets Ben and asks if he's still keen to go to prom tomorrow.

"Hell yeah! Did you get a dress yet?" Ben asks.

"A-a dress?" a worried expression crosses Dan's face. "I don't- I'm not- WHAT?"

"I'm just kidding you fucking idiot!" Ben laughs.

Once again, Daniel is very embarrassed and on the verge of tears.

"Not funny..." he mutters.

After school, Dan Naruto-runs home.

The next day is prom day. Daniel is very excited because it might be the perfect opportunity for his first kiss with Ben. 

Daniel puts on the perfect sparkly black shirt and shiny silver tie.

"Looking good," he winks at himself in the mirror.

Ben arrives to pick him up and he is wearing a random purple t shirt with a white bowtie and VERY tight trousers.

Daniel gets distracted by the tight trousers and can't look Ben in the eyes as he walks in.

"Hi Dan," Ben smirks, approaching Dan and snapping him out of his daze.

"Uh.. hey Ben," he laughs nervously. "Nice trousers..."

"Thanks, they're my sister's!"

They hold hands and Ben escorts Dan to the car where his dad sits in the passenger seat waving at them. (Ben can't drive without an adult yet).

They sit in awkward silence until they reach the school hall.