Chapter 19 ~ Something special for someone special

Doc didn't talk to me anymore that day. Stephanie came after a while a and lead me to my pasture. The stallion from before, Love, was in the pasture beside mine.
"You'll sleep outside tonight, so I'll see you tomorrow!" she said and smiled at me.
When she left, a voice called for me.
"Dark...." I spun around and saw Love with a small hint of regret in his eyes.
"Yeah?" I said.
"I... I'm sorry about what I said." he took a deep breath. "Legend... He kind of brings out the worst of me. I'm usually not like that, I promise."
I smiled at him.
"Of course I forgive you."
His face lit up and he grinned back.
"Thank you!" he seemed to think for a while. "How about I show you something special tonight, you know. Something special for someone special."
I snorted at his cliche flirt attempt but smiled and said;
"Okay! Sure!"
He nodded happily and I started grazing around in the sunshine. I spent a few hours just like that, grazing. When the sun started to go down and I saw the people walk to their cottages and all the lights went out, Love called my name.
"Dark!"
I trotted over to the fence.
"To get to this special place, you need to jump over the fence." he said and looked at the fence on my right side.
I took a deep breath.
"It.. It's so high!"
"You'll make it, Dark. I promise." he smiled at me and I watched him gallop towards the fence and clear it, like it was nothing.
I took another deep breath, and started galloping. The fence came closer and closer. I used all my power to jump off, and I was flying. For a brief second, I was just floating in the air. The time stopped. Then I landed on the ground on the other side and everything was normal again. Love smiled at me.
"Follow me!"
He started trotting into the forest behind the paddocks and I followed him. When we got into the forest, it was darker than before. The moonlight lit up small spots here and there, but the trees blocked out most of it. I followed Love deeper into the forest and it was very quiet. The silence was sort of comfortable. The whole forest had sort of a mysterious feeling over it. The few lights was blue-ish and mushrooms and bushes covered most of the ground. Suddenly, we started walking upwards. The bushes and mushrooms were replaced with grass and then Love stopped. We stood on top of a small hill. The stars covered nearly every inch if the dark sky and the moon lit up the hill where we stood.
"Look!" Love said and gestured at something below the hill.
I walked up to him and followed his gaze. There was a small lake. A waterfall on the other end of the lake, but the most amazing thing was the small shining fish in the lake. It looked like stars had fallen down and was now swimming in the lake.
I gasped.
"It's.. Beautiful!"
Love smiled.
"You're the first person who gets to see this."
"Who showed you this place?" I asked.
"My mother." he said, his voice trembling a bit.
I figured he didn't want to talk about it. I carefully rested my head on his back.
"Thanks for showing me this." I whispered and looked at the stars.
"I told you." he whispered back. "Something special for someone special."

-------------------
I'M BACK BITCHES (and gents)!
So sorry for the long wait, really. But here I am again! Are y'all still #TeamDoc or do we have some #TeamLove here? Comment!
Picture of Sir on the side.

Hugs,

Z