Chapter 24 ~ A new Him

I woke up when I felt something... Or someone... Nudging my head, trying to wake me up. I met a pair of deep, black eyes. Belonging to a black head. Doc.
"You okay?" he murmured.
I tried to answer him, but the words got stuck in the desert being my throat. I somehow managed to get up and looked around for water. Luckily, a small pool created by rain was lying calmly right beside me.
"Lucky you fell asleep right beside that." he nodded at the pool.
I took a shaky step towards the pool and lowered my head, greedily drinking the cold liquid.
"Why are you here?" I asked him between the sips.
"I-I don't know. I got sort of a tic and broke through the fence." he mumbled, looking up in the sky. "You?"
"I-I... Couldn't stand it." I sighed. "Being there, I mean."
He looked at me, nodding. "Where are you going?"
"Back to my herd. My family." I looked at him.
"Look... Erm... Dark... I know I haven't been exactly.... Friendly..." Doc sighed. "I'm sorry."
I looked at him. I was truly surprised.
"This is going to sound strange, but... Can I come with you?" He became silent.
I stared at him. Until now I thought he hated me. What happened?
"Erhm... I suppose..."
He smiled gratefully and nodded towards the trees.
"Let's go, shall we?"
I was still very surprised. He was a completely different person.
"S-sure." I started walking beside him, thousands of questions making my head spin.
We walked in silence for about an hour before he spoke up.
"So, how do we get to your heard...?" he didn't look at me, just kept on walking.
I sighed. "I-I have no idea."
"No idea?" he looked at me.
"N-no. All I know is that we need to get to a town called Jackson." I stuttered.
Doc grew silent, something dark flying by his deep eyes.
"D-Doc?" I looked at him.
"I'm fine." he growled. "Let's get going."
He picked up a trot and I was right behind him. I got a better view of all his scars. A long, red line went from his upper left hind leg to where his black tail started. It looked painful. I sighed. He seemed very moody. One second he was the nicest horse, and the next one he seemed to hate me. I clenched my jaw and just kept on trotting behind him.
-------------------
I'm sorry!
Truly!
I've had a shitty year and I've not had any time to upgrade regularly, but I'm very sorry for just leaving you like that, so I thought I'd give you this one. I decided I want Doc to be kind of nice, too... From time to time... I hope you like the kind of Doc he was in this chapter, if not, please leave a comment!

Leave a comment anyway, if you like.

Hugs,

Zedyzed