Prologue

7th March , 2008

7th March , 2008

Walking in a circle through the bathroom, you wait for your results for the pregnancy test. You're stressed, scared, angry and even on the verge of crying. You're only 16. So young. So dumb. How did you even let it happen ? You can't have a kid, you're a kid too.

Tired and dizzy , you set yourself on the toilet lid and sigh . What will happen to you? You can't have kid , you want to finish school and be a nurse , right ? Right ? But what if Mikey wants the child? But do you want it ? Well no , no you don't but what if you do an abortion and can't have kids anymore ? ( 🗒 : In rare cases , abortion can cause scarring of the uterine wall or damage to the cervix , this make it more difficult to get pregnant again )

" *sigh* when did it go wrong ? " you said playing with the test in your hand.

With a gulp you open your eyes only to see a positive pregnancy test. Your eyes wide but still you don't know how to react. What are you supposed to do ? Should you be happy ? Should you cry ? Be angry ? Scared ? How will Mikey react ?

Walking out the bathroom to the kitchen you are surprised to hear his voice.

" [name] " Mikey calls your name. " I'm home, " he said from the doorstep.

" honey , welcome back " you smile at him while going to hug him.

After a while he break the hug to get his shoes off .

" I remember this morning you said you weren't feeling good and you don't look good now either " Mikey said looking at you .

" wow what a good way to tell me that I look fucked up " you awkwardly laugh " do you want something to eat ? " but no response.

Mikey walked past you and sat on the couch and you on the armchair who was beside.

You watch him as he looks through some papers he leaved this morning on the coffee table.

You start playing with anything you can lay your fingers on, and that was your hair. You feel your throat dry, being hard to breathe.

C'mon [name]. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe. [name], breathe.

Don't forget to breathe.

You're breathing. Right ?

" Hey, you alright, [name] ? "

Huh.

" Yes " you awkwardly said " i am " you look at him and then back into nothing "… fine "

Mikey looks at you with a confused  look then into his papers again.

There are moments of silence. Awkward silence.

This is getting more awkward than I expected.

"

Manjiro , you love me, right ? " you ask him, looking at his hands holding tge papers.

" What kind of question is that? Of course I do "

You smile gently at him. You stand up and go in front of him. He puts his arms around your waist and laid his head on you.

" Manjiro ? "

Mikey doesn't say anything and just hugs your waist tighter .

" Do you remember the taste of my lips ? It's been a while since you kissed me "

Mikey lifts his head to look in your eyes. You noticed the emptiness in his eyes. It was like something was eating him alive, but yet here you are, trying to be the hero and save the remains of his soul . Within a minute you bent and kiss him.

" I love you, Manjiro " you say holding his face in your hands.

" I love you too " a little smile forming on his lips.

You smile at the sigh but it is quickly ruined by the thought of the announcement. You feel tears peaking up in your eyes. This could be the last time you're hy his side, happy.

" What's wrong, [name] ? " Mikey asks wipping your tears away.

You were weeping and Mikey put you down his tight and holds you close.

" Mikey, I'm pregnant " you said after catching your breath.

With those words his world flipped instantly " What...? " was the only thing he could say. And would repeat if necessary.

Mikey was shocked, overwhelmed, happy, warm and cold, but he knew that the love of his life just doubled.

"...don't cry " Mikey said, finally noticing that you're crying again " I'm gonna be by your side " he said hugging you " But still, Mikey, we're fucked up " you sniff  " but you're here to keep both of us sane, right ? "

"…Right "