soft spot

"Hello! Onyx?!"
I turn my head over towards the door. My mother comes walking in.
"Hello" I say softly.
She walks into the kitchen and starts rummaging through my pans. She opens the fridge and pulls things out and starts cooking.
I walk into the kitchen.
"Hey mom?" I ask.
"Yes?"
I stand there for a minute debating on if I should tell her or not.
"That night I called you from the hotel, and told you what happened? I called the cops but, I  couldn't bring myself to tell them what I saw..."
She turns and looks at me.
"What did you see?" She asked.
How was I going to explain this to her without sounding crazy. I knew she would believe everything to an extent. Telling her I think I saw a real vampire sounded absurd.
"When I got in the car after I kicked him in the face, and turned on the headlights...mom his mouth was dropping blood...almost li..."
She cut me off.
"Like a vampire." She said.
The look on her face sent shivers down my spine. What did she know that I didn't?
The mood in the room completely turned. I felt uncomfortable to be in my own home.
"Mom." I said with tears in my eyes.
She reached out and grabbed my hand,as her face showed she was still scared, I got up and hugged her.
"How did you know what I was going to say?"
She sat there quiet, then stood up and went back to cooking. She wouldn't answer me.
I went upstairs and laid on my bed.
"Onyx! Onyx!"
I heard my name but, it was not my mothers voice.
He came walking out from the shadows, Whispering my name.
"Onyx. You didn't give me a chance to finish."
He stands there and flinches his head. His eyes filled with that intensity again. I couldn't move, I couldn't scream. I was stuck.
"Dont worry, it'll only hurt for a second."
He lunges toward me and gets right in my face. He shows me his teeth, grabs me, pulls my neck up to his mouth and bites me as I finally let out a scream.
My body jolted me awake. I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep.
"I never told him my name." I say.
I went and looked out the window. Nothing. Nothing a but few kids playing at the park.
"What the fuck is happening?" I say.
"Onyx!"
I turn around, no one.I put on my sweater and head downstairs. Mom was just finishing up cooking.
"I can see you..."
I turn to the right, nothing there. But, I could feel his eyes watching me. He was here in my house, taunting me.
"What time is it?"
"Oh, it's 2pm." She says.
"Uh fuck!" I yell.
I take off running up the stairs and burst into my room. I get myself ready quickly. I go back downstairs and grab my keys.
"Love you mom!"
I hop on the car and drive to work. Still not fully awake from the dream I just had. As I got out of my car and headed inside I felt someone grab my arm. I turned around, no one.
"What do you want?" I yelled.
People in the parking lot were standing around looking at me. I put my head down and get inside.
As per usual the bar was a mess. Amber was held up in Becks office, I wasn't in the mood to deal with this.
I got everything cleaned up and a small group of people came in.
Hours go by and night is approaching. We get a decent size crowd and it gets busy.
About fourty-five minutes in, I serve my customer their drink. Out of no where I get that feeling again.
"He's here" I say to myself.
I look over and there he is sitting at the end of the bar.
My heart sank!
I couldnt leave the bar and no one else was about to help him. I did not want to go over there.
"Wha...what can I get you?"
He looks up and it was like that first night all over again. His charming eyes and sinful smile. He seemed to be enjoying himself more this time.
"I think you know what I want." He smiled.
"Wh...whis...Whiskey on the rocks. Coming right up."
I hand him his glass. His hand brushes up against mine. It felt warmer then last time.
"Why are you stuttering so much dear? Didn't expect to see me again?"
I didnt know what to do. I was scared. Our eyes met and I remembered the dream. His eyes being lifeless.
" I did not appreciate being kicked in the face, however you had every right to. We weren't going to hurt you. And you'll have to forgive my friend, he was new."
I didnt know what to say. For the first time I was speechless.
"You knew I was there?" I asked.
He nodded his head and took a sip.
"I felt your presence. You couldn't resist. You had to come. I have that affect on people, seems why most arent alive anymore." His smile turned sinister.
"Meet me here after you get off, we have things to talk about."
"I'm not falling for that again." I said. He stood up, nodded his head, and made his way through the crowd. I looked down, another napkin tucked under his glass.  I shove it in my pocket.
"Dont stand me up Onyx. I know where you live."
Those were words I never wanted to hear.
The night calmed down and the bar was empty. I was thinking about meeting him.
"Don't! What if he tries?" I ask myself.
There was a lot of contemplating going on.I clocked out, grabbed my stuff and headed for my car.
As I got in, I pulled out the napkin in my pocket.
"18th ave, under the bridge."
I had no choice but to go. He told me not to stand him up and god knows what he'd do if I didnt show.
I walked through the park and over to the bridge.
"She made it. Couldn't resist huh?" He says sarcastically.
I stopped walking and just stood by the park bench. I didnt want to go over there.
The moon light was reflecting of the water just right it was somehow illuminating him.
"Come here, please. I am asking nicely."
I walk over there absent-minded. I was standing face to face with him.
"I can smell the fear,and I like it." He smiles.
"You know you shouldn't play with your food." I say.
"She bites back." He smiles.
"Why am I here?"
"Because darling, I have chosen you to help me, and if you don't, I will drain that beautiful body down to the last drop of blood."
My body went numb. My heart sank and I felt like running but my body wouldnt move.
"What is it I'm helping you with?"
"You are going to help me take down Merlin Banks. King of he vampire realm. He's planning on swarming this city...to look for you. So in a way I'm protecting you."
I ran. I could hear him running after me. I turned into the Marina and hid behind a boat.
"You're the one who's going to make this hard."
I couldnt hear where he was. The docks were creaking so loud and the waves kept crashing against the boats and the shore.
I could feel him standing right next to the boat. I felt his hand grab me and pull me out from the boat. He had me pinned up against the light post. I couldn't breathe.
He had his mouth almost to my neck.
"O..okay okay. I will help you, just please dont kill me."
He let's me go and I hit the dock.
"Was that so hard?" He asked.
"No, but you didn't wanna kill me otherwise you wouldve done it. Thats why your tormenting me. Of course that makes sense now. You have a soft spot for me."
For once, I saw the intensity in his eyes vanish. His eyes faded from black to brown and I sensed a bit of guilt.
"How long have you been watching me?" I asked.
He wouldn't answer.
"How long?" I said more sternly.
"I've watched you grow up."
I once again didn't know what to say. Ive always had the feeling of being watched but just brushed it off.
"What's your name?"
"Dimitri"
 "Well, Dimitri. I don't appreciate being stalked.I will help you under one condition. Stop tormenting me! And it kind I'd gave it away when you said I have a beautiful body. You don't always have to be the bad guy." I smile.