Chapter Six: We definitely don't belong on a ship

The tree of them slowly came to the realisation that sailing a ship was much more difficult than they thought, on top of that Qa had discovered that the rocking vessel made him sick and was rendered useless the day with a little more mouvement. The waves came crashing the side of the wooden boat and Qa, despite is dark complexion, turned an interesting colour between green and something else.

Moreover, Jory was really tired, he spent most of his night aiding their travel in secret and didn't get as much rest as the other two, all of Qa energy was directing toward keeping him onboard and with all of his food secured in his stomach and Eleon energy was entirely directed at being the only one of them slightly capable, once again carrying the entire team on his back.

They gave Qa a fishing rod just thinking of keeping him busy, Eleon took care of directing the ship and getting the right amount of sail open and keeping them in the right angle while Jory made sure the ship was not going to some dangerous territory. Jory didn't know anything about ships, but he knew how to use nautical chart and how to plot a course, he kept track of their travel. 

Everything was going absolutely swimmingly until they heard the cut scream of Qa accompanied a second after to the loud noise of something hitting the water. They rushed to look, Qa had went overboard and was now struggling in the water, the man obviously did not know how to swim and Jory let out a pained sigh. Eleon took of his armour and jumped in the water in his verdant robes. Jory looked at him going to the rescue dumbstruck the armour still in hand. There wasn't a lot of wind so the ship was really slow, it was no match in speed for the elf even with the cumbersome man.

Jory left the armour to fetch a heavy rope and tied it to the mast before throwing it to the elf. In less time than the halfling expected they were back on board. Qa, usually quiet and polite was cursing loudly while vomiting a great load of salt water.  Jory quickly went to fetch them dry clothes and towel, once soaked the air was really chilly and Jory got worried that they might catch a cold. Seeing his worried look Eleon said:

"Elves can't catch a cold, as for Qa I would not even dare think that anything can hurt him" but despite these words he took one more towel and draped the shoulder with it, Qa looked displeased but said nothing.

The day continued without more incident but the bath seemed to have realigned Qa with his hypothetical navigator ancestor and he helped without being sick again. But that only lasted for a day, the next morning he was already back at being useless and miserable, Eleon jokingly said that they should throw him in the sea again but under the murderous gaze of Qa and Jory advising not too, Qa stayed on board not even a little less green.

The wind strengthened around the end of the first week. They could pinpoint exactly when things went south, it was now. The wind got much stronger than anticipated in much less time that they thought it would take, they hurried to take down the sails but by the look things were taking it was an important storm that was coming at them.

Toward the end of the morning the sky turned grey and then black, thunder started roaring far above their head. The air became freezing, something was off. The sky above their head almost looked like solid stone making them feel strangely claustrophobic, almost like if they were at the entrance of a grotto. the wind was howling, far away close to an island there was a ship, under the wind strength they saw it capsize, Jory couldn't stop a terrified "Wow" from coming out of his mouth. And all hell broke lose.

The rain came pouring down freezing cold, combined with the strong wind the small droplet felt like sharp ice shard on their skin whipping them until their face were red. Jory couldn't help but violently shiver frozen to the bone. Qa shouted something but the halfling didn't hear him he kept staring ad the ever growing waves Eleon picked him up and they rushed inside the quarters.