2

Amelia

I could feel my jaw drop and my heart sink to my stomach. I didn't know how to react, so I did the only thing I thought was right. I laughed. Loud obnoxious laughter began to fill the kitchen.

"Amelia?" My Mother called out to me

But I couldn't respond. I began to laugh and laugh until my stomach hurt. "Listen, that was cute okay. Now tell me what's really going on" I say as I take a sip of water to cool myself down.

"That is what's going on" My Father said as he got up to put his food away

The smile quickly left my face. I started to realize that my parents wouldn't joke like this, and this was for real. I felt myself begin to get angry, this just didn't make sense.

"So, you're telling me that the people we've hated for years are just going to be working with us. Just like that?" I say, mostly to my father because I knew he didn't like Marco Creed, so I was confused as to why he would agree to this. Unless

"Madre, was this you're stupid idea?"[mother]

"Woah this was your father and I's idea. You have to look at it like this. The Mafia ball is coming up in a few weeks and we're the strongest Italian Mafias out here. Why would we keep fighting each other and killing each other's men when we could be doing so much more" My Mother finished

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes like a kid

"Non discutere con noi e ascolta per una volta Amelia". [Don't argue with us and just listen for once Amelia]

I roll my eyes. I hated the thought of me having to work with that family. They've done so much shit to us. "Fine, but do they know we'll be working together?" I ask. "Yes, they know." My Father says as he stands by the sink putting his plate away.

I roll my eyes "Great, so I'm the last to know"

"You're the last to know because we knew you'd be the only one to act like this. Listen Amelia, we know you and Marcus have this sort of... love hate re-"

"Love? hell no what we have is far from love. He killed some of our men for god's sake". "Because you did the same to them Amelia." My Mother says.

I sit at my seat embarrassed because of how right they were. Maybe it was time for me and Marcus to form some kind of... friendship? No, the thought of him and I even talking for more than 30 seconds disgusted me.

"Well, when will we settle this?" Usually when two Mafias were forming together, they had to settle this and talk about game plans and who's to do what and this and that

"Tonight, at the Mafia tower" My father said. The Mafia tower is our tower. A tower just for my family and now we were inviting them? I roll my eyes and take a deep breath, trying not to fuss more than I've already have.

"Alright" And that was it, I walk away and head to my room. A little upset but I knew there was nothing I could do about it now. Their mind was already set and that was that.

***

I've been laying on my bed for about 3 hours now. Thinking about how much my life was about to change. All this new drama and new relationships would be hard to get used to.

I jump up from my bed after I hear a knock at the door. "Yes, come in" I say

It was Amy. "Mom said it's time to get ready to go" I was comfortable with Amy calling my mom "mom" because of how young she was when she became a part of our family.

I give her a smile "Okay, be down in a minute"

Amy smiles at me from the door "What?" I say, wondering why she was smiling at me so much. "Oh Amelia, you don't understand how fun this is going to be working with boys now. We get to see Damon, and Marcus and Renzo. This is going to be heaven"

"Well maybe it's because you're boy crazy" I say, which was true, Amy loved boys. She loved the attention and making them fall at her feet. Especially Renzo, she thought I didn't know but anyone could see it from a mile away. I knew she had a thing for him, but she just never admitted it.

"You just want to see Renzo, don't you" I say, smiling at her. "Maybe" She rolls her eyes and smiles

"Well let's get this over with, shall we" I get up off my bed and walk out the door.

I head downstairs as everyone is there waiting for me. "Forgetting something?" My father asks and hands me a gun

I smile at how crazy he must have been to think I didn't have one already. I lift up my shirt and show him the gun and a knife I already had, then I lift up my pants from the bottom and show him the other knifes I had.

"Mia ragazza" [My girl] "Now, no blood tonight?" My father warns

"No blood." I say back to him. I was serious this time, I wasn't going to let me and Marcus's hate for each other ruin our- well my family's plans. So tonight, I promised myself to be on my best behavior. Well at least try

We walk out of the door and into the big black bullet proof van that we have. It was huge, had four rows of seats and had a tiny window that you could close and lock to be by yourself. Me and Amy loved to sit in the back and lock the window and just chat. The back was always my favorite because I could be alone and I felt like I was just, safe.

"Amelia" Amy says with her pinky sticking out, usually meaning we were about to make a promise.

"Amy" I respond and put my pinky out

"Please be good, your parents have worked very hard for this. To make us feel safer, to make you feel safer. Don't think their doing this because they hate you or something, It's just because they want to protect you"

"Protect me from what Amy?" I ask, confused as to what she was talking about. I had a lot of protection and I knew how to fight. I didn't need the Creeds to protect me.

"You'll see" Amy said

I jumped as I heard a loud knock on our window, it was sound proof so they couldn't yell.

"Yes?" I say as I slid the window down

"We're here"

I get out of the van and look up. The tower was so big and tall and it brought back so many good and bad memories.

We all walk in and get in the elevator. We saw the Creeds cars out front so they had to be here already.

The elevator stops at the 14th floor and our parents and men get out.

"Not coming" My father ask

"You know where we're going" I say smiling as I hit the 15th floor and the elevator closes.

Me and Amy were the only ones that ever went on the 15th floor. It was our little hang out that we made my father set up when we were younger. It used to be full of toys and nail polish. But, since we're older now, we changed it up a little.

There was a movie room, pool table , snacks. Everything.

Me and Amy look at each other as we hear noise from the 15th floor. I pull out my gun as the door opens.