11

Ameila
Two years later.

It's been two years since the whole blowout with Xane, my family and Marcus. That was the last time I've seen Marcus since then.

I knew we had all moved locations but I didn't know where anyone was. I had texted Amy here and there and all she could tell me was that she was safe with Renzo. I understood that she couldn't tell me the exact location just in case, but it still sucked not knowing where she was.

"Mrs.Giovanni?" I turned my neck as I was sitting in the chair next to my father.

"Yes Doctor" I respond

"Your mother, it's time." The doctor said as she placed the clipboard to her chest.

I got up from my seat and walked into the patient room next door. I sat at the normal seat I usually sat in next to my mother as she laid in the hospital bed.

"Hi mama, I wish you could hear me but it would only be a miracle from god if you could. I- I love you Mama and I wish I was a better daughter. I wish I could have done something, anything to change the way you are right now, the way you feel, how- how you look"

I went on with my speech even though I knew she wouldn't answer. You see, three months ago my mother fell into a coma. She had a heart attack and they stopped it but couldn't wake her up after. She was still breathing so my father and I decided to wait until she had woken up. But shortly after, he had a stroke.

I honestly didn't know what to do, but speaking to him everyday does help. I just wish I could hear her voice one more time. My father and I both agreed that it was time, we didn't know what she was going through and I couldn't stand to look at her like this anymore.

I had the nurses set a timer for 5 mins until they could pull the plug and stop all oxygen from going into her. I didn't want it to happen, but she was my mother and I had to do it. I couldn't think about how she could be in pain and not be able to tell anyone, so I had to do what I felt was right.

I lost my train of thought as I heard the flat line coming from the machine.

"Mama?" I yelled as the nurses and doctors rushed into the room

Two hours later

"I'm sorry, is there anything I could do for the both of you?" The nurse said as she handed me and my father a flower for our loss

"No, thank you so much though. You've been a tremendous help to us these past few months" My father said

The Doctor left the room and shut the door giving us the alone time that we needed.

"I wish you could've seen her Papà" I said as a tear fell from my left eye

"No, no not like that. I couldn't. I wouldn't be able to" My father said as he reached for a tissue to give me

"What? You're the strongest man that I've ever known. Mama was lucky to have a brave man by her side" I grabbed his hand and kissed it as I shot him a smile

"You'd be lucky enough to find one too."

My father gave me the strangest look like he wasn't finished and that he wanted to say more than he did

"Ha- have you spoken to Marcus?" He asked

I shot him a strange look. We haven't spoken about Marcus since the last time we've seen him.

"No." I responded, truthfully.

"Well it's late I don't want to keep you. Be safe" My father said

I looked at my father at the door before I left and ran back to him.

I fell into his arms and cried. "I love you Papà"

I kissed his forehead and walked out of the door but before I could leave the hospital the Doctor had called me over to her.

"Amelia your- your father isn't doing so well" She said

The Doctor looked liked she wasn't supposed to be telling me what she was but I could tell she was trying to be brave enough to say what she was trying to

"You see, you may think he's fine but every time you leave he's having cough attacks and his eyes are blood shot red. He asked me not to tell you because you're his only daughter and he says he doesn't want you to worry. But, the way he looks I believe he- doesn't have much time left"

"I'm sorry I'm really not supposed to be telling you this but you think he's fine and I don't want something to happen to him and you be confused how sudden it was"

The Doctor had stopped talking and waited for a response. A response was something I really couldn't give her so I tried to keep it short

"Thank you for telling me the truth but this isn't really something I'd want to hear after my mother just passed. I appreciate your honesty but can you maybe explain more when I come for my daily visit tomorrow?"

The Doctor shook her head and I walked out of the hospital. One of my fathers men stood in front of the car and opened the door for me.

Even though we weren't fighting anymore these people still worked for my family, meaning they work for me.

I walked into my house that my father had bought me. I just wish I had someone to share it with. It had My room and 7 guest rooms that nobody ever stepped foot in. Plus the basement with rooms where all the guards had slept.

As I took my shoes and clothes off I climbed into my bed and everything started coming to me. My Mother was dead and my Father is dying. I didn't know what to do but cry. So that's what I did and suddenly, I was asleep.