Chapter 5

After quickly getting changed Michelle walked out of the bathroom and back into her bedroom where she saw Ikaris laughing with the twins, making her heart melt.

"Who's ready for some pancakes?" Ikaris asked as soon as he spotted Michelle. "Me! Me!" Lizzie and Josie screamed enthusiastically before rushing off towards the kitchen. "They like you" Michelle told him, smiling. "I hope so. I'm trying to get their aunt to like me as well" Ikaris told her, coming closer to her and standing right in front of her. Brushing a hair out of her face he was getting so close they could kiss.

"We should go downstairs" Michelle quickly blurted out before distancing herself from Ikaris and rushing downstairs.

"Auntie M! Can we get chocolate chip pancakes?" Lizzie asked enthusiastically as soon as she saw her aunt come downstairs. "Of course sweetie. Let's go!" Michelle said picking up Lizzie and carrying her towards the kitchen.

While making the pancakes, Ikaris suddenly showed up in the kitchen and put his hands on her waist, cuddling her from behind and kissing her temple. "Are there some for me as well, love?" He asked her, making Michelle stiffen a little bit. Her head and heart were fighting over her reaction. She didn't want to be targeted by deviants because she was the supposed mate of this incredibly good looking and sweet guy. Right?

Stammering out a "sure" Ikaris noticed her inner battle and let go of her waist and gave her some space. "Can I help you with anything, love?" "No thanks Clark Kent, this is a best friend thing" Damon interrupted making Michelle giggle. "Why Clark Kent?" She asked him still laughing, making Ikaris smile at seeing her happy. "Because he flies and shoots lasers out of his eyes" "wait you shoot lasers out of your eyes?" "Uh, yeah I do" Ikaris awkwardly answered while rubbing the back of his neck, not sure if his mate would think it was weird. "See? Clark Kent" Damon said.

"So, are we going to visit Stefanie today?" Damon continued, making Ikaris stiffen. "Yeah, sure. Where is he now anyway?" "Chicago" "What is he doing in Chicago?" "I don't know, reliving his ripper years or something with Caroline?" Ikaris wasn't liking this one bit. His mate would be going all the way to Chicago to visit a vampire with ripper tendencies while also being the target of possibly still existing deviants? Not if he had a say in it.

"Love, can I speak with you for a minute?" Ikaris asked as calmly as he could. "Sure, keep an eye on the pancakes Day, and girls, keep an eye on Damon so he doesn't eat all pancakes." "will do auntie M" Josie and Lizzie replied, giggling.

"What's up?" Michelle asked when they were alone. "I know I said I would wait for you and take it slow, but I am really uncomfortable with the idea of you visiting a vampire with ripper tendencies all the way in Chicago. I know I'm overstepping some boundaries here but as your mate I have to say something about it. Your safety and happiness are my main concern. I will go mad if something were to happen to you" "Wow, uh I didn't think about it like that, I guess. Look, to be completely honest with you I'm not really sure how to handle all of this. I thought being away from you for a little while to gather my thoughts would help me to come up with a solution, but I don't want you to worry about me." "I will always worry about you, love. That's what mates are for." Ikaris said, coming closer and softly caressing Michelle's cheek, getting them into the same position as before. "I- What if you came with us?" Michelle asked him still looking into his eyes. "Are you sure love? I thought you needed some distance?" "Maybe I just need a change in scenery" she told him. "I'll go anywhere as long as it is with you" Ikaris told her seriously.

A little time passed, but Ikaris and Michelle were still in the same position as before. Michelle was really struggling again, but she felt like she wanted to feel his lips on hers. "fuck it" she said, before leaning up and crashing her lips on Ikaris'. Ikaris didn't waste a second before he grabbed her waist and pulled her even closer. Their kiss was getting heated when Ikaris softly pushed Michelle against the wall and told her to jump. Both of them forgetting where they were.

But Damon wouldn't be Damon if he didn't help reminding them. "Elle, if I knew you were into older guys, I would have made a move a long time ago", he said, making them pull away from each other and making Ikaris put Michelle back on the ground, softly pushing her behind him. "You know, Damon, you are really getting on my nerves." he almost growled, making Michelle put her hand on his arm, to try and calm him down. "Ikaris, don't. Please." she pleaded, making Ikaris calm down and turn towards his mate. "Thank you" she told him softly, pressing a soft kiss on his lips.

"Ikaris will be coming with us Day. Please try not to be a giant asshole the entire time." "Why?" "Because he is my mate" Michelle said confidently, making Ikaris smirk and wrap an arm around her waist. "Damn right I am, love" he said, going in for a new make out session if Lizzie and Josie hadn't called for Michelle because of the pancakes.

"We'll finish this some other time" Michelle told him, smirking, while walking away towards the kitchen.