Chapter 4

Melanie's POV

It's pitch black inside and the police are already there, but I'm not sure for how long. I impatiently tell my father to pull up his car as we come closer to her house. When he does, I take off my seat belt and get out, ignoring the warnings I get from both of my parents.

After I pass through the fences, someone grabs me by the shoulders. I turn around only to see a police officer holding a flashlight.

"You shouldn't be here, it's dangerous."

"What's happening? Is Raelynn in there?"

"We just got here and we're still investiga-" she gets cut off by another police officer that's yelling from somewhere in the house.

"Officer Morale, we found a body!"

My heart freezes and I tighten my fists. They don't mean...

Officer Morale looks at me with guilt in her eyes.  "Go back to some place safe. Leave this matter to the professionals. "

I frown and nod at her order. I can feel her grip tightens on my shoulders before letting me go. I guess she knows what it feels like to lose a loved one. I turn back around, only to be met with my furious parents. As I'm expecting, my mother is the first one to nag at me.

"What were you thinking? You shouldn't just run off on your own, especially in the middle of the night!"

I tilt my head down and hesitate.

"They said they found a body," I say with a soft voice.

My mother slowly lowers herself, turning her expression from anger to remorse. "Oh dear, You don't mean..."

"I'm not sure who's body it is, but it's possible that she's-" My breath hitches. My eyes starts to run with tears. I don't finish my sentence and drop to my knees.

She's gone. She's definitely gone.

I cover my face as I cry. There's no doubt that the world just hates me.

A/N- I got vaccinated yesterday and now I'm starting to really feel the side effects. So here's a short chapter that I wrote while I'm stuck in bed.

Also, here's some songs to mourn for Rae's death :)