Monsters vs Aliens (Pt 2) - Ouch

The two laughed as (Y/n) finally pulled into the church.
Mr. Murphy, Steven's father, ran up to the Jeep and spread his arms out wide.

"Ahh, my son!"
Steven jumped out the vehicle.
"Hey dad!" He said as he bear hugged the shorter man.

"Hello Mr. Murphy." (Y/n) greeted after stepping out the car as well.
"Awe (Y/n)! So glad you could make it!"

"Glad to be her— Carl, are you crying?!"
Steven watched his father sniffle with concern as well.

"Dad?"
"I'm sorry (Y/n). Son. I know I'm not supposed to cry but... it's just seems like it was only yesterday I was changing your diapers and tossing you up into the air and— and—"

Mr. Murphy began to bawl his eyes out and cry into (Y/n) shoulder. She looked to Steven for help, but he only snickered.
"You're absolutely awful young man. Laughing at a father who's son is moving on." She whispered to him before leading the weeping man inside. "There there Mr. Murphy."

Wendy, Steven's mother, was in the sanctuary when the three walked in.
Carl gave an encouraging pat on Steven's shoulder before moving to his wife, who said, "Hello, everyone! Attention, attention! Wedding starts in 30 minutes!"

(Y/n) cringed.
"This sounds like a live show rather than a wedding..."  she whispered to Steven. The taller man laughed as the two made their way through the church. They were stopped by a short stubby woman, who smiled up at them.

"My handsome son-in-law and Ms. (Y/n)."
"Hi, Mama Dietl." The both of them greeted.
"It's like a fairy tale. The Weatherwoman and the Weatherwoman's husband. Romantic."

She sighed.
Steven chuckled.
"I know. And just think, this time tomorrow, we're gonna be in Paris." He said excitedly. "Did you say that someday, you guys won't just be honeymoon there?"
"Yep. Denise will become an anchor or some foreign correspondent. And we'll travel all over the world."

Mama Dietl grinned widely.
"Awe honey, my fingers are crossed."
Steven and (Y/n) both zeroed in on Mama Dietl's right hand, or more specifically— her thumb. The two grimaced in shock and glanced at each other.

Dietl noticed the change in their faces and followed their gaze to her finger as well.
"One thumb is shorter than the other. Runs in the family."
"Denise doesn't have that..."
"It skips a generation. You kids are gonna have it!" The woman laughed crazily at the two.

(Y/n) snorted while Steven quickly glared at her. She rolled her eyes before grinning.
"I'm gonna go change and get some fresh air." She told the two. Mama Dietl and Steven nodded before going back to talking.

(Y/n) walked back to her Jeep and grabbed the pink box from under the seat.
She opened it up and sighed at the yellow dress staring back at her. She wished with all her heart that it would have been the big, fluffy, white gown instead of regular spaghetti strapped.

A small tap on her shoulder pulled her from her thoughts as she turned.
Denise.

To be completely honest, (Y/n) just didn't really like her all that much, but she sucked it up and smiled at her for the sake of her best friend.

"Well if it isn't the best man." She grinned.
(Y/n) rolled her eyes and smiled.
"Best woman, Denise. And what are you doing out here miss bride to be?! Aren't you supposed to be inside getting ready for your big day?"

Denise scoffed and rolled her eyes.
"Ahh (Y/n). So naive. This is definitely NOT one of my big days." She said, giggled.
"...It's not?"

"I mean, yes, this is a big day. But I just got news that they wanted me to audition to become Channel 23's new evening anchor! The general manager wants me to come in immediately! Isn't that great?"