Chapter 20: The Hive

"Well look who it is," Hassk said, surprised. He noticed she was covered in blood. "Take it, you made it to Omdul. Where are they?"

She handed over the chain codes. She watched Hassk inspect them. He looked at Burg and nodded. They both turned and walked on to the ship. Lenore followed, only to be pushed back by Burg. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Home." Lenore said, staring at the both of them. Burg grinned as Hassk approached her.

"We're all square girly. You and your little squad are safe from us," he explained. "But we ain't a taxi service. We're not going out of our way to Portug just to take you home."

"You have too!" She yelled. "They'll be looking for me."

"Then you should've been more discrete." He said. "Make your own way home theif." The two got on the ship and raised the ramp. The ship rose and took off. There she was again, left behind. But this time it hurt more than the others. She had lost someone: Jord.

––––––––––

It'll be an ordeal but not impossible for a trooper. Relax and focus and may the force be with you.

Lenore woke suddenly. She had fallen asleep in an alley hidden by a dumpster. Luckily no one had distrubed her. It was the next day. The sun was beginning to heat the streets. But Lenore woke to a cold reality that Jord was gone. She was sad but also angry. Why hadn't she stuck to her rules and told them to leave the weapons. That moment of weakness caused this situation. But this was no time to feel sorry for herself, especially not while in Mos Eisley. She knew she had to stay focused and grieve later. She had to get back to Portug. She had to get back Wyb and the others. She was starving but was more parched than anything. She was also sticky from the dry blood all over her.

She needed to clean up and get a plan together. She figured if she made her way to the hangers she'd be able to bargain her way aboard a ship and send a distress signal to her crew. But figuring out where the hangers were she would need some directions. She was too tired to wander around Mos Eisley especially if Omdul's men were out looking for her.

The local bar was the place to start. Bartenders usually had the information you needed and gave it freely trying to ensure a tip. She checked her credits. A few but not enough for a ride, food, or a tip. Guess food would have to wait. She walked toward Chalmun's Spacesport Cantina. At the entrance she saw a number of stormtrooper helmets on spikes. This was not going to be a friendly place to her. She rolled her sleeve down as far it went. She had stopped covering the tattoo since the arena, but the last thing she needed was more problems.

She entered the bar which was filled with the usual scum and villainy she had seen in holes like these. All eyes were on her as she walked in. She approached the bar and nodded at the bartender.

"Something stiff," she said. Once her order was placed everyone returned to their business.

"Looks like you had some messy business in town." The bartender served her a shot of a blue liquor. " 20 credits."

"20?!" She repeated in shock. She knew times were hard but when a drink cost that much she wondered if she was being taken advantage of.

"Who can't afford a drink in Mos Eisley is sure to wind up dead and forgotten," he pulled the drink back.

"Alright. Keep the drink. Perhaps you can offer me some information?"

"Not for anything less than 20 credits." He said smugly. A hand came down on the bar, placing a handful of credit.

"Shut it Wuher and pour us two," It was Kina. "Hey kid."

"Kina!" Lenore exclaimed and hugged her.