Arrested On Christmas Eve 

The time finally came for Dad, Charlie, and I to leave and deliver the presents to all the children of the world. Dad found a rope with a card attach to it, in the sleigh. Taking the items he walk to the front of the reindeer where Comet stood.

"'From Comet, to Santa.' Did you make the card?" He asked the reindeer who grunt and nodded. "It's a nice rope. Just in case I fall off the roof?" Comet grunt again with another nod. Dad smiles and pet the reindeer by his ear. "Comet, this means a lot to me. Thanks, buddy."

Bernard took my hand and help me into the sleigh like a gentleman. "Be careful." He said letting go of my hand once I sat down, next to Charlie. "We will Bernard, don't worry." I said, still feeling giddy from earlier. "And be back soon, I have a Christmas gift for you." The elf said next, with a grin. "You do? What is it?" I asked. "You'll have to wait in see." He said turning on his heels to walk away from the sleigh.

"Are you two dating now?" Charlie asked me. "Sort of." I answered. "Are you going to get married?" The boy suddenly asked next. "Ehh... I think you're thinking too far ahead here." I told him. "I always wanted a brother. Bernard be a good brother." I smile, patted Charlie on the head. "I'm sure he would."

Dad walked back to the sleigh and climb in, sitting next to me, just like last year. "You ready to go, kids?" He asked us. "You betcha, Dad." Charlie answered, while I nodded. "Now Dasher, now Dancer! Now Prancer and Vixen!" Dad said to the reindeer. "On Comet, on Cupid! On Donner and Blitzen!" Charlie said, and Dad hit the reins. "Hah!" The sleigh begins to lifted into the air as the elves waved goodbye to us. "Bye! Bye, Quintin! Bye, Peewee! Merry Christmas!" Charlie said to the slices as we took off. "Hyah!"

Flying out of the North Pole, we started approaching a town in Canada, our first stop of the night. Charlie suddenly lean forward in his seat, to fiddle with the controls in the new sleigh. "Charlie, stay in your seat." Dad told him, trying to get him to sit back again. "I gotta show you this. Radar-jamming jingle bells, snow screen, DC-10 alert and air freshener." Charlie explained pressing and flipping all sorts of switches and buttons. "Wow!" Dad said amazed.

"And most important of all, your hats." Charlie said sitting back look at us. "Our hats?" I asked, reaching my hand up to touch my elf hat. "Their both lined with a two-way radio. Microphone's in here." Charlie explained, grabbing the ball end of my hat. "It connects you and Dad directly to Judy." He explained. "Neato." I said, amazed that Charlie's come up with all these ideas on his own.

"Wait a minute. What's this?" Dad asked, pointing at down at a tray with two mugs. "Oh, that's a CD." Charlie answered. "Compact disc." Dad said. "No. Cookie/cocoa dispenser." Charlie said, pressing a button, turning it on. Coco is pour into the two mugs as the bottom heats up under them. "The cocoa comes out nice and hot. And out pops a cookie." A cookie pops right out after Charlie mentions it.

"How could we have done this without ya, Charlie?" Dad asked, as I took the cookie and bite into it. "You couldn't." Charlie replied making Dad chuckle. "Nice going, Genius." I said, ruffling Charlie's hair, making him laugh.

Dad and I follow the route the reindeer led us in, eventually ending up in our home town again. Right now we're delivering presents to the same little girl on the couch from last year, only this time she's sleeping in a recliner.

After putting some gifts under the tree, Dad stood up and grab the blanket covering her up. The girl wakes up at this moment and Dad waves at her before shushing. The girl smiles and waves back. "You're fatter this year."

"Thank you very much. You've grown, too. And you were a very good girl this year, but I want you to go back to sleep, okay?" The girl closed her eyes and Dad pick up the glass of milk left out for him, taking a drink. When he was done he smack his lips and gagged. The girl open her eyes again and look at Dad. "I think the milk's a little sour." Dad told her. "It's soy milk." The girl told him. "Huh?"