○ Eight ○

As Ziggy finished telling us her story, her eyes locked into mine. It was a horrific story and yet no one really gave a shit.

"My sister. She sacrificed herself for nothing." Ziggy closes her book, looking down at her book. "I told everyone the story of how she died but no one would believe me."

"And Nick?" At deena question my heart begins to thump. I already knew what he would have done especially since he was now the sheriff.

"I thought he was different. I thought he would believe me." Shaking her head she as she speaks. "But even if I was his friend, nick had a destiny in this town and you don't become sheriff talking about ghost stories."

He knew this entire time and he didn't care that his friend was seen as crazy as long as he got what he wanted.

"I couldn't see him again not after that." A few tears drip onto the closed book. "The witch. The town curse. For one night Cindy believed that there was a way to end it. That's why I thought there was too."

"Now I know. There is no end."

"But what about Brit I mean would she have helped you." I asked her with hopeful eyes. I mean surely especially after her girlfriend died in her arms.

"Brit hated me but once Eli died, she became a different person. More closed off." She explained that even if she wanted to that Brits words wouldn't of done anything.

"Besides a few days after. She left town, everyone and everything in it. Her brother went with her. Haven't seen her since."

A loud clock went off scaring us making us all jump up, I wince when jj bangs my side accidently.

Ziggy shut the alarm off, turning back to us. "Like I said your best chance is to leave this town and never look back and hope a bus doesn't hit you in the way out."

"We found the body." JJ tells her making her face turn into a deeper frown.

"Off of highway 5 in the woods between shadyside."

"Not possible." We all shake our heads disagreeing with her. It was still in that tacky football jacket.

"It could be anyone."

"Why do you think our friends died. For the same reason they killed Alice, your sister."

"Eli." I say looking at her with a frown. It seemed like the only expression I knew nowadays.

"The killers came after us because we found something they didn't want us to find."

"We wish that we never did but we found it. What you were looking for in 78'. " Ri says holding onto Jjs hand.

"We found Sarah Fier. Please nurse Lane was right."

"We can end the curse by uniting the hand with the body. We know where the body is so all we need is the hand."

She finally tells us that the hand is under the hanging tree and then deena, Josh and I go to her car.

"You guys should stay here with Ziggy." I say hugging them tightly. "Watch out for Sammy."

"But you're hurt." I shake my head at them before falsely smiling. "The bleeding stopped and it doesn't hurt anymore." It was true the bleeding was and the pain was nothing I couldn't handle.

The three of us rush to the mall before breaking in and digging by the hanging tree. There it was, her lost hand.

○○○○

Back at ziggys, the two teens watched as she called Nick Goode and as she dung down the phone she noticed their wincing faces.

"What?"

"It's just uh. You see Josie and Nick are kind of dating." Ziggy looks at the two in shock. "Actually she dumped him a couple of hours ago."

"He's in his thirties and she's what sixteen." The teens nod at her as she sit down.

"He's on his way." Fucking deja vu.

"Shit." The teens say in unison. Josie wasn't going to be please, but you never know she could be.

○○○○

Josie, Josh and Deena rush towards the woods before coming to a halting stop making Josie slam into the back seat.

"Should've worn my seat belt." She held her face in pain.

Deena rushes out making the other two do the same only to be stopped by the her.

"Stay in the car and lock the doors."

Their protests are quickly shut down when Deen make valuable points. "Eli you aren't coming. My neice or nephew are in you. And Josh I'm older than you so you have to listen to me."

Her nose begins to bleed but she ignores it as she grabs hugs him and kisses Josie cheek.

She slams the door shut before rushing towards the woods with Sarah fiers hand and a torch.

A small locking sound is hear as Josie slowly locks the back doors.

"I still don't understand why I'm involved." Josie says to Josh who nods in agreement. "I mean why do I look Eli. I mean exactly like her."

"I know you could've been her twin."

As they talk amongst theirselves, deena digs Sarah's bones back up. Her nose begins to bleed again making her wipe it as she places the hand bone onto the body.

As she does this, she is transported into a memory that was Sarah fiers.

Oh how the truth was about to come out.

○○○○○○

A/N: Yay last chapter of 78'. Next will be the final chapters of 1666.

Thanks for reading and voting 😀😁