Chapter 6 - Part 1

"Y/N, what are we going to do?!" The protogen paces back and forth.

"Hey, hey, everything's gonna be okay." You pet her head, trying to calm her. The protogen immediately goes pink.

"The best we can do is pack some supplies. I'll get a bag, and you can put in some things that can help us." You flash a smile and head upstairs. Before you even take a step, she tugs at your shirt. "Y/N.." she murmurs.

You turn and see her, head hung low and visor still pink. "Will they separate us?"

Shit, you didn't even think about that. "Um, uh... Of course not!" You show another, less optimistic smile. "We'll be-"

A hard pounding on the door interrupts your sentence. The protogen, visibly upset, walks to the door. "I'll get it..." She whispers.

She slowly creaks open the door while you look over her shoulder. It slowly presents two men in heavy, black armor carrying large guns. You almost fall over in disbelief.

"YOU, AND THE ROBOT. COME WITH US." They order you in a radio-like voice. (think of the combines from half-life 2.)

You quietly follow behind the protogen and the armored men and catch a glimpse of what they look like. The Wondertech logo is printed front and center on their backs, with "employee" shown below in small letters.

"These guys are way overdressed for their job.." You wonder if these guys might have something to do with your parents. Or the protogen...

"GET IN THE CAR." You and her are ushered into the armored vehicle, and pull out into the eerily quiet roads. You can't hear a single car go by, but that might be because you could only hear your heart beating for the entire trip.

You look over to the protogen, but she's sitting there politely, with a worried look on her face. Seeing that only makes you more nervous. You feel like saying something to her, and try to calm her down, but... That would make things worse.

After what felt like days, you finally start seeing signs of civilization through the thick windows. Buildings, getting taller and taller, until the car screeches to a halt. Your head almost flies into the enforced glass separating you from the front seats.

The car doors are forced open. "BOTH OF YOU. GET OUT." The voice hurts your ears.

"Um... Where are-" You're cut off by one of the guards.

"WONDERTECH HEADQUARTERS. YOU AND THE SPECIMEN... ROBOT ARE NEEDED."

What?! Specimen?!

All of the thoughts you, thinking about what she could REALLY be, come back to you. The pieces are starting to fit together in your head. I mean, what are the origins of the protogen, or, protogens..?

The thoughts fade away when you look up. The Wondertech HQ. A towering, intimidating building, high enough to touch the clouds. Very strange looking... It doesn't feel right.

You and the... "Protogen" are finally at the front doors to Wondertech. They're so big. Almost like they were made for the giant, armored guards to enter. Seeing what's going on right now, that's probably the case.

The glass doors are slammed open, revealing a large, modern-looking lobby. Wondertech logos and merchandise are plastered everywhere. It's almost nauseating. Then you remember. Dad!

You finally speak up. "Where is my-"

"STOP TALKING. YOU WILL SEE HIM." Wait, really?! You should've asked sooner! Why would they have taken you here anyway?

You follow the paved path for a while, seeing beautiful decorative waterfalls and plants. It almost looks like a lucious jungle, just with some Wondertech billboards built on it. "Man, they really went crazy with this." You thought. Looking over to the protogen, her small frown has turned into a stressful look of panic. You feel inclined to try and comfort her, but the guards are right behind you...

After your slightly peaceful stroll, you arrive at a giant elevator. A guard steps in front of you and pushes a button with his giant finger. The doors open and you follow the guard in.

It fits all of you very snugly. This could easily fit a crowd people in here.

The guard slams his fist on the highest button. The elevator starts slowly going up...

You catch a glimpse of a TV in the corner, playing only what you assume is some kind of Wondertech training video for employees. A happy young man appears on screen.

Welcome to Wondertech! If you're watching this, you're one of our lucky employees selected to work at this beautiful facility!

Here at Wondertech, the safety of our employees is our top priority. To stay safe, do not attempt to go into the basement. Any doors marked "THE BASEMENT" should be avoided by any means necessary.

Our wonderful leader and CEO, Ry-

The TV cuts off. You scratch your head, wondering what all of that meant. What could be happening in the basement, so much that employees aren't allowed in?

You glance at the protogen. She didn't even regard what happened on the TV. Her visor now displays a blank, dreadful stare. You feel uneasy now. Something bad is going to happen.

Before you can try and figure something out, the elevator dings.

You're at the top of the Wondertech Headquarters.

It's finally time to meet the CEO.