05 It's Not What It Seems

After dinner that Alec and I had, I went in and join Simon as Izzy tours him around the Ops floor. This floor is where majority of shadowhunter linger around. Greater part of where our job lies here. It's equipped with Ops Center, Conference room, Break room, Training room, Weaponry, Infirmary, Cafeteria, Courtyard, Library, and Study Hall where Izzy and Simon are now.

"Demon?" Simon pointed to a statue of Greater Demon called Hunger.

"Yes." Izzy answered.

Study Hall is different from the Library. Our Library here contains books and a big piano, the Study Hall, however, contains sculptures of different common and greater demons, werewolf, seelie fae and mermaid, original and replica artifact, and any other matters important for us to know. I guess you can compare it to a museum.

"Demon?" Simon pointed to a werewolf statue.

"No. Werewolves aren't demons. We have a truce with downworlders." Izzy explained.

"Oh. Downworlders? What is that, like people below 14ᵗʰ Street?"

"Well, downworlders pretty much sums everything up." I answered "Vampires, werewolves, warlocks, seelies like fae folk and water nymph."

"Water nymph?" Simon query but then he realized what it is, and he gasps "Mermaids are real??"

"Yes." I nodded, smiling.

"Cool! So, how do you kill a zombie?"

"We don't." Izzy responded, we share a look of amusement.

"Of course, they're already dead." Simon rationalized.

"No. They don't exist." Izzy corrected.

Can Forsaken be classified a zombie? They are moving body of dead mundane, one who's recently die after being runed. Like a zombie, forsaken attack, they don't think, but they don't eat flesh, so... maybe not. I don't know. I guess, it's up for debate.

"Oh." Simon mumble, somehow disappointed. He continues to look around until his eyes landed on the Mortal Cup "So, that's the famous Cup everyone's talking about?"

 He continues to look around until his eyes landed on the Mortal Cup "So, that's the famous Cup everyone's talking about?"