15 With Friends Like These

News is right. Lei came back early than expected. With the original members of our group — without Alec — Maryse briefed and prepared us thoroughly in her office about our assignments. Afterwards, Lei and I head to the Weaponry to obviously, gear. up

"I bet you wished you didn't leave Cairo early, huh?" I joked to Lei.

"I can't believe I'm only gone for four days. Everything here is a bloody chaos. Maryse even took her temper on a different level."

I sighed "Tell me about it."

We reached the weaponry where we saw Clary playing with training sticks.

"Clary." I called, getting her attention "This is Leonardo Mason Montclaire, my distant cousin."

"Hi. I'm so glad to finally put a face in your name." Clary said, handing her hand out for a handshake "It's so nice to meet you, Leonardo."

"Please, just Lei. I've heard a lot about you." said Lei, shaking her hand.

"Oh... I wished they were better." Clary frowned.

"Hopefully, we can change that." he said, comforting her.

"I love your accent." Clary awed in Lei's English accent.

"Who doesn't?" I snickered.

Lei and I then took weapons. I know I'm going Idris where it's the safest place a shadowhunter could be, but still, like I said, no such thing is too careful.

"Lei! You're back." Alec said as he approached us, connecting their hands together and pat each other's back "Now, I wouldn't be the only adult around here."

Seriously?

"And that's my cue to leave..." I gave Alec a glare "Good luck with your training, Clary." I was about to head out when Alec pulls me to the side.

"Our date have to be pushed back... again." Alec groan in annoyance "I have to babysit."

"Tell me something I don't know, babe." I chuckled. I've seen this coming a miles away.

I gave him a quick kiss before I took my leave. I stand by the entrance of the Institute, sending out a fire message, waiting for portal.

☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦.◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆

The mission to Idris was excruciating. I didn't just report to my grandmother. I reported to Consul Dieudonné and the entire Council Members. They didn't took lightly having us engaged in unsanctioned missions: Going to the Silent Brothers, the war with vampires, withholding information, and all the other little things we fail to report in the past five days.

When I arrived back at the Institute, I had an urge feeling to check on my phone. It'd been constantly buzzing in the meeting earlier, I had to turn it off. As it opens, tons of distress message from Izzy, Alec, Jace, and Lei spring turmoil in my phone.

Lei texted the meeting with Magnus went smoothly, but he got the feeling Magnus was flirting with him. I smiled to this message. Jace mentioned that the seelies were mourning about their dead scouts and they're blaming the Clave for it. Now, they're thinking about switching sides with Valentine. No surprise there, fae folk always play with the winning side. Whether it's right or wrong.

And finally, the most shocking message of all is from Alec's... he said that Clary snuck out of the Institute to fetch a box from her burned down loft that might lead to Valentine. Which then now, she was kidnapped.

I immediately went to the loft. Coincidentally, Jace, Izzy, Lei, and I arrived at the same time. As we went up, smashing and clattering of stuff being thrown on the wall was heard. Following the noise as we head to a room, Alec is manifesting his frustration by creating chaos in an already chaotic room.