14 Fear and Loathing

Having regained enough energy, Magnus kindly offered to portal the rest of us back at the Institute after we've noticed Jace had left us. We called his phone, but he didn't answer. I went to check him in his room after Izzy and I assist Alec on his, but he wasn't there. He probably was not ready to deal with the event earlier.

I kept tossing and turning on my bed trying to find comfortable position to sleep but my brain keeps on reminding me that we-- that I almost lost Alec tonight.

Having had enough, I got up and went to Alec's room. I softly knock before opening the door and saw he was already fast asleep. I lay down beside him and wrapped my arm around him, burying my face on his chest.

"Heeey..." he yawns, tiredly waking up still with his eyes closed, returning my hug. When he heard me sniffing, he jolts awake "Maddie, I'm okay."

"Alec, I was this close on losing you." I whispered, crying.

"I'm fine. Look at me... I'm here. I'm laying comfortably in bed in the arms of the woman I love. I'm more than fine." he hugged me tightly, resting his head on top of mine "Tell you what, how about we have our anniversary date later tonight? It's been long overdue."

"Sounds fun." I yawn tiredly, feeling the drowse rush to me. Soon after, I felt asleep.

☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦.◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆

I woke to sound of my phone alarm. I notice Alec wasn't in bed anymore. I went to my room to freshen up before fetching Jace. It was our turn to help train rookies today, which is a bummer.

Training them, feels like walking on a pile of eggshells, so very careful not to break one of them. But you know, at least I get to torture-- I mean, train people to be the best version of themselves.

I went to Jace's room and knock on the door "Jace, you there? Can I come in?"

"Yeah." I open his door and saw him half-naked "Just give me a sec." he said while drying his torso with a towel. I sat by the end of his bed, thinking of an ice breaker on how to casually approach the subject.

"Have you dealt with it?" I asked, knowing he'll get the message.

"No." he blankly answered while putting on a sweat jacket.

"Jace, I saw my mom! She's with Valentine." Clary yells as she comes into the room.

"Saw how?" I asked from behind which she was startled. She didn't realize I was in the room.

"With this. He spoke to me." she said, giving Jace her necklace.

"He spoke to you?" Jace asked, astonished. I walked towards them and raised my hand out to Jace. He then handed me the necklace. I examine it.

It's a portal shard

It's a portal shard.

"He said my name." Clary replied "He said, 'your mother for the cup'."