Chapter 6

Third person POV

While Uppermoon 3 known as Akaza fighting the Flame pillar, Sumiko is only able to watch them fight.

'I can't follow their movements! They're so fast' Sumiko said to herself while watching Akaza and Rengoku fight. Inosuke came and was in awe when he saw Akaza and Rengoku fight. Sumiko tried to stand up and fight even if she's exhausted only to be stopped by Rengoku.

"Stay where you are!" he suddenly shouted making Sumiko and Inosuke flinch by the sudden action.

"If that wound reopens, it'll be fatal! Stand back! That's an order!" Rengoku yelled at Sumiko. Sumiko wanted to help him but... It's the Hashira's order and they can't do anything about it.

Rengoku and Akaza kept on exchanging attack but no matter how many cuts Rengoku gave to Akaza it just regenerates immediately. Rengoku knocked Akaza through the forest. Rengoku ran after him unaware of his next move. Inosuke and Sumiko saw Rengoku crash to the ground that made them worried.

"Kyojuro!"

"OI' Google-eyes!"

"Turn into a demon, Kyojuro. Fight me forever and get stronger together with me." Akaza said before regenerating his arm.

"I'll pass. Let me repeat it, I don't like you!" Rengoku said before standing up.

"I will not become a demon!" he shouted before attacking Akaza again. Inosuke was planning on joining the fight but can't see any opening. He knew getting inside the fight means deathand he can feel it in his bones.

Akaza was getting more pissed every minute past because of Rengoku's denial of being a demon. The fight continues and Rengoku is injured badly. Wound on his forehead, broken ribs, a blind left eye and damaged internal organs. He knew if he keeps up with the fight he will die but he needed to protect the others.

"Did he do it?! Did he win?" Inosuke said but Sumiko didn't answer instead she is looking at Rengoku with blood dripping down the floor.

"Fight with me more Kyojuro. Even if you fight to death, you can't win, Kyojuro." Akaza said to the exhausted Flame pillar. Sumiko is still trying to stand up but she's got no strength in her arms or legs to help her get up and help him. It's because she's injured or because she have not yet mastered the Hinokami Kagura or the Sun breathing.

"I... I will fulfill my duty! I will not allow anyone here to die, specially Sumiko!" Rengoku shouted positioning himself.

'Flame Breathing... Esoteric Art!'

"What an amazing battle spirit despite all his injuries!" Akaza said to himself enjoying the sight.

"Ninth Form... Rengoku!"

"Destructive Death... Annihilation Type!"

They both said at the same time before attacking each other one... last.. time.

"Kyojuro!" Sumiko shouted but burst onto tears when she saw what happened next. Akaza's arm pierced through him. Sumiko can't help but to shout.

"You'll die! This will kill you Kyojuro! Say it! Say that you'll become a demon!" Akaza shouted at him but Rengoku is having a flashback about his late mother.

'"Kyojuro." his mother called him.

"Yes, Mother?" Rengoku answered immediately.

"I want you to think hard about what I'm about to ask you. Do you know why you were born stronger than other?" his mother asked him. Rengoku tried answering his mother but didn't knew the answer.